• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Wowgeek's 99 Fishing Guide

Wowgeek10

Onyx user!
14t99pk.png
This guide is written by me (wowgeek10). I DO NOT have 99 fishing yet, but I have enough knowlage to make a 99 guide for Fishing.
- All screenshots were taken on my account by me. Due to the amount of screenshots, I have put them in spoilers, so just click "show" to view the pictures.

1-20 - For 1-20 Fishing you want to do shrimp. You can choose to bait fish at 5, but it will not be included in this guide. Not much information for 1-20 because I will assume most of you will know where this is.
- Needed Items - Net
2yza2s0.jpg

20-48 or 99 for F2P - 20-48 you want to do "fly fishing" If you are FTP I suggest you do this to 99 because it is one of the fastest F2P methods. If you are P2P I suggest you stop fly fishing at 48.
- Needed Items - Fly - Fishing Rod (Can be bought at any local fishing store or the grand exchange) and Feathers which can be gotton as drops from chickens or be bought at grand exchange.
2yyvb4l.jpg

- How to get there - Use a varrock teleport tab (P2P) or regular varrock teleport (3 airs, 1 fire and 1 law). Run west till you get to barbarian village. Don't do in the vilage, stay on the east side, and the fishing spots are right across the bridge.
2zyltw6.jpg

I suggest you drop the fish you catch, or you can bank at edgeville.

48-58 - From 48-58 I HIGHLY suggest lobster because it will give you some cash for the feathers to 99.
- Needed Items - Lobster Pot

Tip - Some people use the lobster as food, if you have enough money for feathers for 99, you can cook the lobsters on the range located directly east of the bank. You can fish, and on your way to the bank, cook them fast and bank.
bfgzme.jpg

58-99 - This method is a known method but doesn't get alot of recongnition. Barbarian fishing is very fast. I've done barbarian fishing since level 58. It does require alot of patience and clicking and for some of you out there, there may not be a "decent bot" for barbarian fishing.

Step 1 - Use a "games necklace" and teleport to "Barbarian Outpost". Once their, go south and there will be two bridges, go on the west of the left one and walk south till you get to the house where "Otto Godblessed"

Step 2 - Talk to him about the art of fishing with your hands and barbarian fishing.
2vbn3lz.jpg

Step 3 - Search the barbarian bed for the "Barbarian Rod".
15re36g.jpg

Step 4 - Once you have the rod you can fish using feathers.
- I suggest this until 99 because it is very fast, approxamently 70k xp an hour.
- Just drop the fish you catch.

- Needed Items - Barbarian Rod and Feathers

Extra - Using barbarian fishing, you get 10% (percent) strength and agility experience, so 10M experience in fishing would be 1M experience in strength and agility.

Alternatives - I'll add picture to these and more detail but for 106M - 120M cash profit, you can fish sharks from 76 but I don't recommend if you wish to get 99 fishing fast.
A bad thing about doing sharks is it will take 4 months plus. (Thanks to McGee)

I hope this guide helped someone, somewhere in some way. :) Hope everyone enjoys it!

Thank you to Amped- and McGee for helping me clean it up.

Amped-

It's a nice guide, just clean it up some. Make it look better :)

FAGeX

Onyx user!
Do a grammar check mate, and in my experience with guides, you don't need to put pictures in spoilers. :)

Overall, its really good though mate. Nice job.

Wowgeek10

Onyx user!
McGee said:
Do a grammar check mate, and in my experience with guides, you don't need to put pictures in spoilers. :)

Overall, its really good though mate. Nice job.

Yeah I literly just posted it, (You guys responded fast! :O) Anyways I'm adding some colors to words and what not, just wanted to post it to make sure I didn't hit the back button or something stupid like that and lose it. I'll do a grammar check as well.

- Regarding the pictures, I just saw on alot of guides pictures put in spoilers, but if I don't have to, i'll take them out. :)

Thank you to both of you.

FAGeX

Onyx user!
One last thing, use Tinypic to make all of the pictures around the same size. Makes it look more neat.

And on the alternative, that can take up to 4+ months. Just letting you know. :)

Wowgeek10

Onyx user!
McGee said:
One last thing, use Tinypic to make all of the pictures around the same size. Makes it look more neat.

And on the alternative, that can take up to 4+ months. Just letting you know. :)

Tinypic does that? Never knew that. I'll do that right away. Learn something new everyday. :)

- Alternative - I'll add that right away. Thank you very much.

Amped-

Yes, you just gotta select the size of the picture you want when you upload it.

Wowgeek10

Onyx user!
Amped- said:
Yes, you just gotta select the size of the picture you want when you upload it.

Edit - I selected the "Message Board" size and it appears the same when posted.

Amped-

It looks good, maybe make the title like this.

Wowgeek's 99 Fishing Guide​

Something like that.. be creative.

Wowgeek10

Onyx user!
Amped- said:
It looks good, maybe make the title like this.

Wowgeek's 99 Fishing Guide​

Something like that.. be creative.

Okay, i'll do something good. Also, thank you for helping me clean it up. I really appriciate it.

Amped-

Or do that, that looks pretty good.

Amped-

You're most welcomed.