• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Windows XP Security Deadline

Damian

Power member.
"Support for the venerable Windows XP operating system ends this Tuesday. It means that there will be no more official security updates and bug fixes for the operating system from Microsoft. Some governments have negotiated extended support contracts for the OS in a bid to keep users protected. Security firms said anyone else using the 13-year-old software would be at increased risk of infection and compromise by cyber-thieves."

You can read more on the article here.​

Sin

User is banned.
Windows XP is already fucked up, the deadline will do nothing, you don't need to verify security updates in the registry for XP so if you go to a site it can update it without your knowledge. Either way your done support or not. :( quite sad

Sapphire

Power member.
Thanks for sharing this article man! I enjoyed reading the full thing and I am glad they are making this update.

I never good adapt to Windows XP. :(

Damian

Power member.
There has just been another article posted which sums up how small businesses are going to suffer due to support being ended.
Although it was highly exploitable before, it's going to be even more screwed up now.

You can read the new article here.​

Korora

User is banned.
Well we have already made 4 Newer Windows Versions so i believe its time for everyone to make an Upgrade.