• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Windows 7 HP Laptop Black Screen NEED HELP

Control

User is banned.
Woke up, turned my laptop on, black screen pops up & nothing happens. Did some research & people say take out the battery, did that, shit still doesn't work. What can I do? It's just a pitch black screen, nothing on it, battery isn't dead Ik that cause if it was the laptop wouldn't even turn on. Also people on Google are saying to press a certain key before the Windows logo pops up, but that's the thing, I don't get a Windows logo or any logo or any text. The computer just turns on & there it is the black screen. I didn't drop it or bang it. I didn't even use it the day before this happened. I haven't even been using it lately. I use my phone a lot. But I just woke up & decided to go on & boom this happened.

Chthonic

Onyx user!
It could be your components of your computer, such as memory, CPU, etc.

Maybe take your computer in for repair?

Control

User is banned.
Neutral said:
It could be your components of your computer, such as memory, CPU, etc.

Maybe take your computer in for repair?

I was thinking about doing that. There's a place not too far from me, but my computer is shit in general so I don't really wanna be dropping $150+ to fix a shit piece of junk computer.

dagger

Maybe you can get a friend to look at it that Wong charge you, that knows a bit about computers! That's the best thing I can think of without dropping money to get it in somewhere for repair. Good luck buddy!

Chthonic

Onyx user!
Control said:
I was thinking about doing that. There's a place not too far from me, but my computer is shit in general so I don't really wanna be dropping $150+ to fix a shit piece of junk computer.
Yeah, HP is definitely junk in my opinion. They overheat, and they just suck in general.

If you don't want to repair it and you want or need a new laptop, I recommend buying a Thinkpad. You can buy a Thinkpad on eBay for pretty cheap with decent specs, but it depends on the model. Just look up "Thinkpad Buying Guide", and you'll find out what models to buy, or see what models are the best for the buck.

Don't worry about buying it online, Thinkpads are used in businesses, and they replace them every 2 years or so, so the quality will most likely be good.