• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Win32/Ramnit.AF

tu y tu mama

Onyx user!
So I need help.
I'm infected with this Win32/Ramnit.AF, someone plugged an USB in my pc without me knowing at first, now that has infected my pc, and a bunch of other .exe, .html, .htm, and other files. I searched in Google for how to remove it but didn't have much luck.
I was going to format my pc but I encountered with an old problem, the CD/DVD reader in my pc doesn't works very well. It will only read a cd like the first time and only when on Windows, it won't read it when I turn it off and try to boot from it.
I'd reinstall from an USB but my pc is kinda old and I've never been able to do that.

Any other ways to format or remove this virus?

ImSoPro

Onyx user!
I am willing to help through TeamViewer in 2 hours.

tu y tu mama

Onyx user!
ImSoPro said:

Thanks but it's not actually that simple like removing a keykogger in .NET, deleting the file and removing the reg key.

ImSoPro

Onyx user!
Daniel said:
ImSoPro said:

Thanks but it's not actually that simple like removing a keykogger in .NET, deleting the file and removing the reg key.

Most viruses/keyloggers are saved in AppData. But deleting the regkey too.. Gonna be a hard TeamView session, lol.

Ironhide

Onyx user!
If you can't remove it by deleting Registry keys and files, Use System Restore...If all else fails, buy a new optical drive and reformat.

($20 for an Optical drive here)

Mitch

Onyx user!
download Hitman pro, got rid of my rat, and its free for 30 days

Gogetaa

i'd buy a new pc if you have all of those issues.

short of that and all the things everyone else mentioned, i don't think there is much more you can do about it.

Aurа

I know this thread is 2 years old, but anyway, that section isn't active so.
IF you are ever infected with a Ramnit family malware, your only option is to do a CLEAN reinstallation of whatever version of Windows you are running. Ramnit infects itself in EVERY .exe, .dll and .html files you have on your computer, therefore, each time one of these files is opened/executed, Ramnit will re-infect the system. This means that you can't back-up .exe,. dll or .html files as they have big chances to be infected as well. The only solution here is to format the HDD completely, recreate a brand new NTFS partition and reinstall Windows on it.

Sorry but it's the only way. Ramnit spreads across the system too much to be totally cleaned from it.