• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Win 7 /xp 2012 Antivirus Virus FIX

Mikey1

Source: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-security-2012[/CENTER]

This virus was in the newspaper in my city and it seems as if the Virus is at its' peek. The virus has grown stronger and stronger. What this virus does is that it infects the Registry codes or files and attaches to them. So even if you do remove the virus, there's a BIG chance you will remove the Registry file as well and it will create major problems...

So, there's 2 ways on getting rid of this virus. The simple easy way is to do a Clean Install. Or in other words wipe the hard drive and start over from scratch. The other way is the one I am going to show you now.

Since the virus has gotten into your registry you are now unable to open any programs or .exe files. So what I want you to do is ctr, alt + delete and open up the Task Manager. I want you to try to pinpoint the virus running on your computer. The virus name will be different and out of place. (Such as gln.exe) Right click the process and click end End Task. You just ended the virus for temporary.

Now go to the Source website where I found this and scroll down to Automated Removal Instructions for Win 7 Security 2012. On step 3 it asks you to download a registry file. This registry file will fix the infected registry files.

After downloading the Reg files just double click on it and it should run on its own. After doing all this I highly suggest downloading Malware Bytes Free Edition and running a full scan. This virus can get passed McAfee Antivirus. So if you have this Antivirus I suggest you uninstall it and get Avast Antivirus Free.

This method has helped me cure a Windows Vista and a Windows 7 laptop from this virus. Any questions please feel free to ask in this thread ^.^
~Mike​

Pichu

Onyx user!
No questions but it was a good read
a lil scary

but cant you just backup all files on a external hard disk and restore the comp?

Mikey1

You could but the chances of the virus spreading to your external hard drive is 90%. Then once your External Hard drive is infected, and you plug it back into the computer or any other the virus will then spread to the computer. I tried doing a system restore but it does absolutely nothing. The reason it doesn't do anything is because the virus is a Rootkit and can latch on to the registry files that don't change in the computer. The registry is what I call the "Heart" of the computer. Once the Heart is infected there's only so much you can do.

Here's the online news paper, similar of what I read but just online.

http://warwickonline.com/stories/2012-rootkit-computer-virus-worst-in-years,65964

Eye

Very nice guide, super helpful.
It should help many people, if they get infected by this virus.

carlrobinhood

You could but the affairs of the virus overextension to your alien harder drive is 90%. Again already your Alien Harder drive is infected, and you bung it aback into the computer or any added the virus will again advance to the computer. I approved accomplishing a arrangement restore but it does actually nothing.

Mikey1

No problem! Good luck to you. Any questions or problems, don't hesitate. ^-^