• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

What's up with Steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yui

Hello everyone, today I got a new laptop and thought I'd make an account on Steam so I could buy Skyrim. The only problem here is that it won't let me verify my email and apparently I'll need it to make purchases. After some investigation apparently the Steam servers are under maintenance, does anybody know when they'll be back up and if I'll get the verification email soon so I can buy Skyrim?

Apologies for being a Steam noob, I've never used it before. Thanks guys.

Edit: I have now received a verification email and the servers appear to have finished their maintenance. Thanks for all of the help and information.

Yui

dagger said:
The rumor is steam got breached and a lot of people's info got stolen.
Oh no! Do you have any idea when it will be back up so I can buy a game and verify my email?

smalls

Power member.
My credit card got stolen from steam, don't deal with steam until resolved. buy off g2a and have them gift it to you.

Yui

Siren said:
My credit card got stolen from steam, don't deal with steam until resolved. buy off g2a and have them gift it to you.
Alright thank you for the heads up and alternative.

Replicate

User is banned.
Yui said:
Thank you for sharing this with me! Would it be safe for me to use G2A as a user previously recommended?

I'm not sure, but I read somewhere that people should avoid Steam at the moment, though that might have passed

Yui

Skorp said:
nah dont listen to the niggas above me that shit is all sorted out and it has been for the past 2 days

it may be down for maitenence or another reason but it should be back up soon
That's good to hear, hopefully the maintenance will end soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.