• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

What do you look for in a good website/forum?

George

What do you guys look for when trying to find a nice website/forum?

I personally go for:

- Good support/assistance (If it's a service offering)
- Fast servers (so I'm not waiting around for ages)
- Clean, professional and easy to navigate.

Personally, I think this site covers all those things.

Flow'n

Yes, bascially everything you just said I look for. The only think I dont like about this site now is:
1. Not alot of people on no more
2. Today posters, Top Posters, and all that is at the bottom. Just doesn't look that good down there.

But other than that it's a great site. I look forward this site being just like youtube!

George

Yes, bascially everything you just said I look for. The only think I dont like about this site now is:
1. Not alot of people on no more
2. Today posters, Top Posters, and all that is at the bottom. Just doesn't look that good down there.

But other than that it's a great site. I look forward this site being just like youtube!

I moved it down there as someone said they didn't like it up the top, I'm still torn between the two.

_vili

ads are annoying thing on the forums.. there also shouldnt be too much subforums on idex page, it makes it just look messy. I now that you want this site to be success and lots of people would join (and so do i) but i got to break it to you.. There is so many "general chat forums" that Google team made a research and and found that 99.9% will never be popular.. Well, this forum has good domain and pretty nice layout so i think this site has little more than just 0.1% changes to get popular.. :)

Edge

At least 20-30 active posters.

I think TDZ has some active posters ^^.

_vili

looks like now does.. today morning it was no-one here.. and now replies are raining :) good job with advertising george

George

\"The Rated R Superstar\" said:

looks like now does.. today morning it was no-one here.. and now replies are raining :) good job with advertising george

Thanks, I didn't work that hard on advertising today either, I only advertised on a san andreas multiplayer server & yes we have a lot of new active posters, I hope to keep this up too.

Evilmaster09

I think we need active users and i don't think we should have more than 2 ads, they flash and stuff and it would ruin the theme.

George

I think we need active users and i don't think we should have more than 2 ads, they flash and stuff and it would ruin the theme.

I would never have more than 1 ad and never use flashing ads. I am going to have 1 advertisement in the header where it is at the moment for members, and no advertisements for Premium, Staff or Admins.

The current advertisment isn't annoying in anyway.

Edge

I'm premium and I get an ad.

Please note: This advertisement is only temporary for Admins, Staff & Premium Users.

I don't really mind though =/.

GameOver

User is banned.
1) Good members/users
2) Clean theme of forum

In my opinion this are the most importans things.

_vili

1) Good members/users
2) Clean theme of forum

In my opinion this are the most importans things.

totally agreed.. those are the first things you look at when you got to forum.. im also looking for new forums which dont have so many members yet.. if i join the forum when its non popular yet i will be one of the old respected members.. :)

.D0T

Clean forum theme, not messed up with ads and junk.
Clearly defined forum topics.
Active userbase.

popular101

i look to have some friends and have a healthy discussions