• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Website question

Blender

Onyx user!
Hopefully this is in the correct section.

So, bare with me while I try to explain this.

I recently purchased a domain, which I think I made a mistake by buying it through a "create your own website-website" called WIx. My question is whether or not I can use this domain outside of a wix-created website, if that makes sense. Am I stuck only using this domain through any and all Wix products and templates? Please help me out here if you can.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Ravens

You can create multiple extensions.

For example Domain.com/Wix / Domain.com/Wordpress / Domain.com/MyBB

So to answer your question no you are not limited to only using Wix by installing it.

Blender

Onyx user!
Ravens said:
You can create multiple extensions.

For example Domain.com/Wix    /   Domain.com/Wordpress  / Domain.com/MyBB

So to answer your question no you are not limited to only using Wix by installing it.

Is this true even if I bought the domain through Wix's website?

NoTez

Onyx user!
Lacetip said:
Is this true even if I bought the domain through Wix's website?

If you bought it through Wix's website, it's dedicated for Wix's site only I believe.

Blender

Onyx user!
Naughty said:
If you bought it through Wix's website, it's dedicated for Wix's site only I believe.

That's what I thought, SO then I in order to use my domain, I have to pay Wix's service space prices?

NoTez

Onyx user!
Lacetip said:
That's what I thought, SO then I in order to use my domain, I have to pay Wix's service space prices?

Not certain. If the site says so, I guess so. I strongly recommend to buy a domain outside Wix though.

Blender

Onyx user!
Naughty said:
Not certain. If the site says so, I guses so. I strongly recommend to buy a domain outside Wix though.

/yeah, I learned that the hard way. Thanks for your help my friend.

NoTez

Onyx user!
Lacetip said:
/yeah, I learned that the hard way. Thanks for your help my friend.

No issue at all, PM me if you need any help for any reason.

Tempts

Onyx user!
If you purchased your domain through wix, I would either 1. Check if you can change the nameservers

or 2. Contact Wix support and ask them what would need to be done in order to transfer your domain

Blender

Onyx user!
Tempts said:
If you purchased your domain through wix, I would either 1. Check if you can change the nameservers

or 2. Contact Wix support and ask them what would need to be done in order to transfer your domain

Thanks for that advice as well. They are such a pain to try and contact as they only do the "cases"/forum things, but Im sure I can find an email somewhere or even a phone number.