• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Webhosts // A In-Depth Guide for Noobs

kruze

*This thread is a WIP. I will update this this thread later today and will continue to do so.*

Web Hosts | A In-depth Guide

What is a Web Host?
A web host is an internet hosting service that makes a website accessible to the World Wide Web. Web hosts run off of servers that provide space and bandwidth. Usually the more you pay the better you benefit from it. When looking for web hosts you must always have the key necessities in mind: Bandwidth limit, disk storage, the speed, and software your web host provides.

Bandwidth
Bandwidth is a measure of consumed data. Bandwidth is commonly used. Anytime you go to a website bandwidth is used. Some ISPs [Internet Service Providers] use bandwidth as a plan. Lets say you watch a YouTube video. Because of the streaming video drains bandwidth because in order to view you consume data. Now YouTube videos vary in sizes, it depends on many things. So apply that method to your web site and web host. Whenever people or the website stream video that drains bandwidth as well because you are consuming data.

Bandwidth is an important feature on web hosts. Generally the more bandwidth you need/want for your website the web host cost will go up.

Disk Storage

Disk storage is pretty self explanatory. Disk storage is how much your site is in total size. Anything you upload to your website is in total size [GB, MB, KB]. Generally when purchasing a web host the disk storage is not that big of a deal as it usually is at a reasonable amount. Although it may not be a big deal, there are certain situations where it is important. If you are trying to manage a "video website" or "image website" the disk storage could grow to become an issue. Usually this is nothing major in a image website but video websites can become expensive fast.

Speed
Speed is an important feature. A slow site can and will become a burden. So before purchasing a web host I recommend looking up reviews on the web host.

For the best web host reviews I will recommend:​

Other

Budget & Blog Hosting - WebhostingHub

Business & Dedicated Hosting - InmotionHosting

I also highly recommend
WebHostingGeeks when looking at web hosts.

Contact

Email -
[email protected]
AIM - k.yler

Please leave Feedback in the posts below. I really want to know what to add onto this topic. You can also post any issues you are having or if you are seeking advice.

Update Log:
1.0.0 Thread Created

Mxlitary

Very nice thread! You should also provide some recommended web hosts for users.

Mxlitary

Spartan said:

I disagree. Uzi Gaming used to have him as our host, but the hosting was really slow. Uzi Gaming switched to hosting that was A LOT cheaper, and it runs 100 times faster. I highly recommend not picking Jawshee as your host.

kruze

Ocean said:
Very nice thread! You should also provide some recommended web hosts for users.

I added some under Other. I will add others as I look at the reviews to find the best. Thanks for the feedback though, I will improve on that.

Blur said:
Ocean, can you recommend me a hoster?

Go here. Webhosting Geeks is a great place to find a good host. It honestly depends on what you are looking for.

I assume it is a personal/blog site? WebhostingHub is then a great choice.

Mxlitary

Spartan said:
Ocean said:
Spartan said:

I disagree. Uzi Gaming used to have him as our host, but the hosting was really slow. Uzi Gaming switched to hosting that was A LOT cheaper, and it runs 100 times faster. I highly recommend not picking Jawshee as your host.

A lot cheaper? it's 10$.

ee83c3a308.png

Those prices are high to me even if it is a one time payment.