• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Vending Machines/Junk foods in schools

Jorim™

Onyx user!
What do you think about them?
Should they be removed from schools?
Or should they stay in them.

There was this big old thing about them a while back, about how it wasn't helping the "Obese " population in schools, and that it was doing more harm then good.

Jorim™

Onyx user!
Runescape said:
It makes people overweight & costs alot, should be removed.

But it doesn't always make people overweight, and some people don't mind the cost.
You also have to think about the people who don't eat lunch in cafeteria's, so they might eat from the machines instead. I know there were plenty of times where I hated what they had, so I went to the machines.

Buddy_mybb_import10515

At my school (Highschool) they sell chips, candy, cookies, ice cream, slushies, and soft drinks at lunch.
We also have 3 snack machines. 2 soda machines, 1 sobe life water machine, 1 gatorade machine, and 1 water machine on the patio. (Are outside of the cafeteria.)
1 gatorade machine and one bottled water machine inside the gym.

No complaints except from some annoying parents every year.
They make to much money from them to take them away though.

Jorim™

Onyx user!
Road Kamelot said:
At my school (Highschool) they sell chips, candy, cookies, ice cream, slushies, and soft drinks at lunch.
We also have 3 snack machines. 2 soda machines, 1 sobe life water machine, 1 gatorade machine, and 1 water machine on the patio. (Are outside of the cafeteria.)
1 gatorade machine and one bottled water machine inside the gym.

No complaints except from some annoying parents every year.
They make to much money from them to take them away though.

Yeah we have a lot of parents who complain to, they do make a ton off of them though, with about 1500 kids in our school about average, then about 1$ per thing, and they buy at least 100-200 things everyday, they make a TON.

Zennywop

User is banned.
I think that soft drinks should be allowed. Our school eats heaps off crap, but as we are a very active school and do lots of sports, I think that we should be allowed to have them. Plus we get heaps of money from the kids spending hepas. I have been in the canteen to help out once, and they earn nearlly $1000 dollars a day. Thats $7000 a week!

BlackRa1n

Onyx user!
i don't eat from school food . i never do . we scape from the school buy foods from a restaurant and then go back.
but i think they should remove it.

Jorim™

Onyx user!
BlackRa1n said:
i don't eat from school food . i never do . we scape from the school buy foods from a restaurant and then go back.
but i think they should remove it.

Yeah we could do that at a school I used to go to, you had to check in and out though. I like them inside of schools i think they should stay personally.

The Beast

Onyx user!
I think they should stay because when i was in school i would always buy from the machines.

What's the point? If they take them out kids are going to buy from stores, the same junk, there is no restrictions or limits, the only thing that limits them is money.. okay you might stop them from getting it for a few hours, but when they are out, BOOM.. makes no sense