• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

USB WIFI Card

Krish

User is banned.
Looking for a USB wifi card that'll last me, Going to be buying it from amazon, my current one is about burnt out. Any ideas on what I should get?

Members of Glorious:

Members who have general knowledge: @Marley @trap @Astro @Kowai @PredatorSik @Light @Azazel @fedoras @Cannabis

No real budget to be honest.

Fedora

Hurt

I'd recommend anything other than a USB Wi-Fi card. In my experiences it has just been a waste of a USB slot and they haven't worked well for me in the past.
However, if you are dead-set on a USB Wi-Fi card I wish you the best of luck finding one.

Krish

User is banned.
Yosemite said:
I'd recommend anything other than a USB Wi-Fi card. In my experiences it has just been a waste of a USB slot and they haven't worked well for me in the past.
However, if you are dead-set on a USB Wi-Fi card I wish you the best of luck finding one.

Off topic post, please keep all posts on topic, if that was an option for me, god knows I would've taken it.

Hurt

Krish said:
Off topic post, please keep all posts on topic, if that was an option for me, god knows I would've taken it.

The post was on-topic. I was suggesting something other than a USB Wi-Fi card but I wished you luck in finding one if you were deadset on it.
Anyway, the one I had was an Asus one and it worked decent enough until it just stopped working one day. I'll see if I can find the model for you if you'd like.

gunnar

ForumKorner Supporter!
Yosemite said:
this 100% 
most of the time when my boss used to supply these to our customers or when we used them for own applications they either were to much a hassle to find, broke off, took up a usb slot that was needed or they didn't work for us
i do not recommend either but good luck finding one if you really need it
just read your above reply good luck finding something most out there are trash and i would just say if this isn't your only option go with the other

Cannabis

Onyx user!
In all honesty, you're better off getting a 50 foot ethernet cable. No drop off, can't over heat, much harder to lose, doesn't waste a usb slot, and you get prioritized in your modem/router so if you have to share your internet, you get bandwidth before anything on wireless.

Particles

Power member.
Get a powerline/homeplug kit. Passes internet through your mains in the property. One plug near the router and wired to the router. One near the PC wired to the PC. Done. Wired strength connection without a huge cable sprawling everywhere. Won't work if you have 2 mains rings though (normally only the case if your property has a big extension)