• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

UK To Accept 20,000 Syrian Refuges by 2020, David Cameron Announces

Zeller

Onyx user!
The UK will accept up to 20,000 refugees from Syria over the next five years, David Cameron has told MPs.

The prime minister said the UK had a "moral responsibility" to resettle refugees living in camps bordering Syria while also doing all it can to end the conflict in the country.

Vulnerable children and orphans would be prioritised in what would be a "national effort", Mr Cameron said.

France earlier announced that it would take in 24,000 refugees over the next two years.

David Cameron also said British security had prevented at least six attack son Britain over the last 12 months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34171148

Destory

Is this suppose to be good news? As a UK citizen, this kinda worries me.

Nostalgic

Destory said:
Is this suppose to be good news? As a UK citizen, this kinda worries me.

I am also a UK citizen...I honestly think this is a bad idea and all my friends/peers (60+) think this is a bad idea. It's bad as it is...Obviously David hasn't fucking seen what happened in other countries.

Magnificent

i was watching this at school

US is also accepting 10k refugees against the ISIS

Yui

Jethroo said:
How is this a bad thing?? 25CHARS
There has been a lot going around on the Internet about past things that I.S have said. 
One of the biggest threats was a few months ago in which I.S threatened to send members across to other countries and cause acts of terrorism.
Another less threatening but more bone-chilling image has recently been released on Social Media and it shows a previous I.S member now dressed up accordingly with a new hairstyle etc. and is ready to enter one of the countries as a refugee.

In all honesty I'm a little worried about these refugees coming into the UK. Now of course it's inevitable that the majority of them are genuine people however if the British government actually bothered to listen to the public and not overlook the previous threats then they'd realise that amongst the normal people there are those who are coming into our countries to commit crimes and acts of terror. 

They need to sort out something out and I hope they make the right decision.
Oh and Jethroo not all of this is aimed towards your reply, only the first few sentences basically.

Caligula

Power member.
Yay everyone in every 3rd world country come to Europe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets keep our country fucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully we can impose Shariah law soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be just like home

Mats0o0o0

im muslim and im sure that ISIS is not muslim group we hate them as you hate them so calm down guys you can recive them and make investigation on every one go into uk

sw1pp3r

I don't understand why they complain, Once they have left Syria are they not safe? They complain about not having everything they want.

Darkside

Jukebox said:
Not EVERYONE from a certain country is dangerous!! Oh!! my!! god!!
Exactly, but this can bring on further issues within the countries where these refugees are going. Including the ones coming here to the US we already have enough economical issues and housing issues, etc adding more people to the country just makes it that much bigger of an issue. 

And just letting people in is kind of crazy without being careful it can bring in disease, and even some terrorists just acting like a refugees. I don't think its fair that these refugees get into countries by the snap of a finger while legit legal people apply for citizenship in these countries and get denied.

RapTheGod

User is banned.
I don't like how this is going. I'm not too knowledgeable on this topic but I feel like there are going to be a lot of ISIS members migrating to these countries?

Darkside

Chicken. said:
I don't like how this is going. I'm not too knowledgeable on this topic but I feel like there are going to be a lot of ISIS members migrating to these countries?

That is a possibility if ISIS members try to act like refugees then yes.

RapTheGod

User is banned.
Darkside said:
That is a possibility if ISIS members try to act like refugees then yes.
Yes that's what I was going for. I don't think these countries should let the migrants in.

Cupcake

Sweeter Than Ever
I dunno what to think of it.
It has pros and cons if I'm honest...

Pro
1, They can do jobs we don't want to do.
2, Brings new genes and even skills into the country.
3, innocent lives are saved

Con
1, Then again there's not enough jobs as it is in the UK for everyone.
2, terrorists and other threats may enter the UK (UNLIKELY - new disease passed by someone coming in)
3, May start wars or racist attacks..

What you think?

Joker

I don't agree with this, Possible ISIS members posing as refugees.

Also when they get here they get shelter and the comfort of knowing they are safe.. What do they do? Complain they want more.. Benefits, Cars, Houses and a better school for there children etc. They will also start voting for a foreign prime minister or some shit which could worsen things as they will focus on them instead of actual British citizens.

People need to remember they come from a war country so no matter how safe we make them they still have that instinct of survival. There are some streets in UK literally called ''Sharia Law Only,'' Stupid as fuck in my opinion. Religion is already the stupidest thing in the world and now we have them trying to preach that on us just as social media's finally helping Christians etc realize how stupid they are.

Let's hope and prey that we don't get fucked over by this, Here's to 2020.

Fuck.