• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Transplants?

Jaii

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]What if brain transplants are entirely possible, but our brains prevent us from figuring it out so they don't get replaced..[/font]

Jimmy

Ex-Staff Member
Theritically, no. The reason you would want to transplant a brain is because one person has a good mind but a useless body whereas another is brain dead but had a functional body. But again, tissue difference in central nervous system wouldn't reconnect the brain with sensory organs and reject it. And the tissue rejection would probably kill whatever didn't die already.

Jaii

Waverider said:
Theritically, no. The reason you would want to transplant a brain is because one person has a good mind but a useless body whereas another is brain dead but had a functional body. But again, tissue difference in central nervous system wouldn't reconnect the brain with sensory organs and reject it. And the tissue rejection would probably kill whatever didn't die already.

I suppose you have a decent point.. shit, I didn't think about that.

Jimmy

Ex-Staff Member
Jaii said:
I suppose you have a decent point.. shit, I didn't think about that.
I read about it a few years ago in a medical journal. From watching Sci-Fi movies, I always thought it was possible.