• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Thinking I'm keylogged

Scenery

User is banned.
Title explains the issue, I've scanned my whole HDD with avast/malware bytes and nothing comes up. The bastard logged into my rs account and died at rock lobsters so I lost like 4k crim charms. I have his IP but I can't really determine if he's using a vpn because I'm not computer savvy.

Zex

Go to start button, type in "msconfig"
Click on the "Startup" tab and see if there is any "unknown" applications that are being executed at startup.

Mikey1

Yeah do what Zex said and also run an extra scan with SuperAntiSpyware. I did a review or a recommendation here in the thread about it. If all fails, you could back up your files and do a system restore which restores the system files in the computer. I don't know if that will fix the problem though. If it was me, I would just do a clean install on my computer which means re-installing windows, wiping everything out - backing my files up of course too. Keyloggers can get into anything, not just runescape. If you have a email, they can break into that no problem. Once your email is cracked then you will be in trouble because they can just do password recovery on runescape, paypal, facebook, etc.

Chewbaka

Skyrim

Onyx user!
Simple fix..

Run MSCONFIG then remove from startup, then restart your PC head over to appdata/roaming/delete the .exe virus.

Restart again, check msconfig if its off then there you go.

Most keyloggers/rats are stored there.
but not all are. so also check programdata cybergate default location is there. if your ratted.