• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

So......... - Junked by Crayo

Status
Not open for further replies.

legokiba213

OK so I am legokiba213 from GFXNation and I just noticed we merged and I would like to ask a few questions so I can get to know the forums.

1. What are the benefits of a Premium Member?
2. How do I become a Premium Member?
3. Is the posting competition still on?
4. Can I be in the competition?

In the E-Mail it said you guys were going to change your name to something else I would advise not to because you gota really good idea here. A place to discuss GFX and Anime called GFX Chan is epic, bro.

Thanks in advance.

Soar

RE: So.........

Premium Members will have access to things not released in the public. There will be Anime Render Releases there that are hard to find, brush access and what not. Currently the Premium Member section's content is being worked on but in a matters of days it'll be full of content that are custom that you may or may not be able to find elsewhere.

To become a Premium Member , you can pay 5 dollars for a year of Membership.

As for the Posting Competition I'm not sure about that as Chris/Xypher is in charge of that.

and as far as i know you can be in the competition.

legokiba213

OK thanks a lot man just a few more questions and I know i'm sounding like a bitch.

1. Are we allowed to have avatars?
2. What does that + symbol do at the top?
3. The link for the about page is not working. Is their an about page.
4. Is Xypher the main admin? or Chris?

These are my last questions just hate not knowing what the fuck is going on.

Soar

Chris/Xypher = Same Person.

You are allowed to have avatars.

the +Symbol adds to your reputation (as you can see, your reputation is 1) reputation is given by players.

legokiba213

OK, thanks but I wasn't talking about the +Rep thing I was taking about this thing........................

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0637hspbf

As you can see on that pic it says I have a an avatar but it won't show up in my post so is that a bug or do I have to re-upload it?

Xypher

To get premium you can either pay $5/year or become a highly contributing and active member. The second option, being a highly contributing/active member is not always going to be available, it is a limited time offer.

The posting competition is still on, but it is the one I have set up, not the one Dy.Namik had started.

The about page is non existent as I am not planning on keeping this theme for ever and making an entire about page for this theme seems like a pointless task to me and I don't want to have Alecks waste his time and end up having to make a new one again. Sure we can transfer it over, but if we include a lot of code in it, we will have to remodify it for the theme we are planning on going towards.

The + button you are talking about, I honestly have no idea and have wondered that myself. I will have to ask the themes maker what it does.

As for avatars, I will look into it. Permissions might have gotten messed up after the merge.

As for the domain, we do have a great thing going and when this forum was first started it was intended to be an anime and graphics discussion forum, but I am starting to lean towards making its main focus graphics and it's secondary focus anime. If we do get a new domain, it will be the primary domain, but we will still have graphics-chan.net redirect here. I will also be able to use graphics-chan.net for marketing towards people that are looking for an anime stand point.

I hope that clarifies it all for you.

legokiba213

It does bro thanks a lot let me know about that avatar thing. I was going to make some suggestions about the organization of the topics here but since you're going to change the theme and domain it seems pointless. Also, when are you planning to make these changes?

Soar

We will be making it within the week. At the moment we're trying to figure out how we could upgrade the skin version so that it'd be compatible with 1.6 of mybb (photoshop bliss v3 was made for 1.4). We may down-grade to 1.4 if needed.

Soar

The compatbility of many plugins and themes are incompatible with it. I'll be re-programming the skin if needed.

legokiba213

Oh OK thanks to the both of you for helping a new member. Oh and I tried to add an avatar but it won't let me but everyone here doesn't have an avatar so I guess that's normal.

Xypher

The main difference between MyBB 1.4 and 1.6 is security and code updates to make it safer and easier to use, as well as plugin compatibility. As Alecks said though, within the next week we should be done with all of the changes. Just so you know, the theme we are planning on using is the one GNation had, not the dark one.

legokiba213

OK I liked the default one better anyways. I wasn't a fan of the dark one.

Xypher

legokiba213 said:
Oh OK thanks to the both of you for helping a new member. Oh and I tried to add an avatar but it won't let me but everyone here doesn't have an avatar so I guess that's normal.

Yeah, I checked the group and posting permissions, everyone should be able to use one, it would seem that this theme itself is stopping it from occurring. I will look into it more.

legokiba213

Alright bro, it probably is the theme because that guy Troll has an avatar but it's not showing in his post either. Hope the downgrade and theme install go smoothly.

Soar

Big Code Problem with the avatar file. I'll fix it in due course.

Status
Not open for further replies.