• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Sin's On The Basics #2 - 3D LIGHTING EFFECT!

Sinn

As promised, this is the second one of the series, enjoy!

Sin__s_Onthebasics___3D_Light_by_zyrille.png

WhyFish

Great tut, never knew how to do this, and I've been looking for ages, I thought it had to do with a gradient overlay.

Easy to follow, what I was looking for, Thanks.

Grapes

Sin, you could also just use the marquee tool, and fill that :eek:
But nice layout, it's sexy.

Vertigo

here's my method. 10x simpler imo.

take the ellipse or rectangular marquee tool (whatever you want your shape to be) and select the area you want the reflection. Then, down to up, take a white gradient and make the reflection in the selection area on a new layer. Then deselect, and lower opacity as necessary. Last, create a clipping mask of the shine on the text by making the shine layer above the text, holding alt, and clicking betweeen them.

It really takes about 15 seconds... lol. Somewhat difficult to explain though.

Vertigo

here's my method. 10x simpler imo.

take the ellipse or rectangular marquee tool (whatever you want your shape to be) and select the area you want the reflection. Then, down to up, take a white gradient and make the reflection in the selection area on a new layer. Then deselect, and lower opacity as necessary. Last, create a clipping mask of the shine on the text by making the shine layer above the text, holding alt, and clicking betweeen them.

It really takes about 15 seconds... lol. Somewhat difficult to explain though.

Vertigo

No, but your method is a lot more complicated ;). Nevermind, you're doing a great job sin! KIU! Haha, sorry I brought it up.

Vertigo

No, but your method is a lot more complicated ;). Nevermind, you're doing a great job sin! KIU! Haha, sorry I brought it up.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Vertigo