• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Should I upgrade to windows 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tномas

I'd stick too Windows 7 as it runs much smoother, I've had problems with Windows 8 and my computer ran way slower

Zelyix

I've had no problems with Windows 8, my performance have also doubled since I installed Win8. I recommend it!!

BV5

I fix laptops and pc's all the time, do not upgrade to Windows 8, everything is backwards, its like some annoying tablet you don't know how to work. Stick to Windows 7 buddy, it's a lot better.

Living

Power member.
It will take some time to get used to it, I love windows 7 never plan on windows 8.

Ohm

Power member.
I warn you, do not fucking upgrade to 8, W7 Computers are not meant to be upgraded to OS like this. Everything looks like shit.

м¢ℓσνιη

Performance wise, Windows 8 is faster, but if you don't have a touch screen and or a computer that can support a touch screen I would not upgrade. I've tested it when it was still in "Beta" and it's really hard to use with a mouse, mind you that is what I think, other people might think different.

Hail Mary

Unless the PC or Laptop you're upgrading is touchscreen, I wouldn't bother.
I upgraded, and I find navigation quite difficult and temperamental, but that's my opinion.

erikalui

I am using Windows 7 and do not want to upgrade to Windows 8 as of now. I have always noticed a glitch in the software versions of Windows and when I was using Windows XP and then Vista came in, all the software installed was incompatible with Windows Vista and there were many faults as well.

Ironhide

Onyx user!
Windows 7 is much more compatible with a lot wider range of systems, it's smoother, easier to navigate and use, and it's faster.

Windows 8 is just basically a touchscreen interface trying to fit in to a desktop. It's horrible.

Stick to Windows 7, you won't regret it.

Mercedes

Power member.
I have heard a lot of bad things about windows 8 but recently I upgraded to windows 8 and it works very good. Just takes a little time to get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.