• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Rsbot.org changed to Powerbot.org

JeterFan428

For all you that think Rsbot.org is down, it has just been changed to
powerbot.org

For more information check out their twitter:
http://twitter.com/Rsbotorg

Amped-

The twitter isn't working for me :O

JeterFan428

Working fine for me. Do you get an error?

JeterFan428

Unbreakable said:
Thanks for the info mate. :)

No problem, just thought i'd get the word out and keep free botting alive.

Amped-

Okay it finally worked, thanks for the news.

JeterFan428

Musik said:
Wow, Why the change?

Copied from RSbots twitter:
Code:
The site is still up but Jagex has stolen the domain - http://bit.ly/bHP8Xb We will be back up under a new name very shortly!

FAGeX

Onyx user!
Wow, they stole it? isn't that against the law? o_O

JeterFan428

Musik said:
Wow, they stole it? isn't that against the law? o_O

Lol, no this is probably what they did.
Fagex contacted Rsbots host and threatened to sue them if they didn't delete rsbot.org

Shablo5

JaGeX contacted them earlier this year and told them if they didn't halt all action, they would sue... Whats his name, starts with an N, the owner. So he transferred ownership to some guy in Korea, in hopes that since there are no servers in Korea, (Or was it china?) that they had no legal reach there. Well, good fight. Now they're APPARENTLY suing both of them.

Word is, the domain was taken because it had RS in the name. Which put a bit of a scare in the community, because for all we know Rsbots.net, Rsbot.com, RSbotting.com could all be next.

Don't think they'd attack sites like this though. Atleast... Let's hope not.

FAGeX

Onyx user!
Rsbots.net isn't illegal because of the way there bots work I believe.

Shablo5

But they didn't take down rsbot.org because it was illegal, they took it down because the domain is infringing on copyright, which I assume is because they couldn't take them to court due to the fact ownership was given to someone they don't have legal reach to get to.

FAGeX

Onyx user!
well, they could just say that RS means something instead of runescape. No biggy.

Shablo5

Jee, I wonder why they didn't think of that!
To be 100% honest, do you think they would put up a fight over something so miniscule when if their bot/actions were brought to light in court any decent jury would look at that and award JaGeX the victory.
If I were them, I woulda said "Fuck it, take the domain, now leave us alone"

FAGeX

Onyx user!
Yeah, runescape can't detect our bots, they rely on reports from players.. So they take it out on the creaters.

Bmthrules

Power member.
That's complete bullshit, only way a copyright infringement would go anywhere is if rsbot.org made there site look exactly like Runescape.

Shablo5

Not true. Just because they don't attack sites like this doesn't mean it's infringing upon it's copyright by calling itself a runescape ----- site.

JeterFan428

Musik said:
well, they could just say that RS means something instead of runescape. No biggy.
Agreed

Shablo5 said:
Jee, I wonder why they didn't think of that!
To be 100% honest, do you think they would put up a fight over something so miniscule when if their bot/actions were brought to light in court any decent jury would look at that and award JaGeX the victory.
If I were them, I woulda said "Fuck it, take the domain, now leave us alone"
There could have been other reasons behind why Jagex took rsbots.org down, other than the name.