• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Quitting Smoking

Aura

Onyx user!
I am 19, will be 20 in one month. At Around the age of 15 I started smoking cigarettes. By 16 I was surely addicted, and ever since I have been. I've been thinking/talking about quitting for quite some time (for a variety of reasons) and im finally doing it. I went to see my doctor, talked to her about Chantix and she prescribed me it. Chantix, if you dont already know, is the go-to medicinal aid to quit smoking. You can smoke while taking it the first week, and after that you're supposed to stop smoking. Well today marks one week since I started taking the pills, and so today is the first day in 6-ish years that I will not be smoking a cigarette.

Im not really looking for a pat on the back, Im aware of how adolescent and poorly judged my decision to start smoking was and Im ready to take responsibility for that and fix it. However, if anyone has been down this road and has any pointers that would be great. I get very aggressive and aggitated when I go a long time without a smoke. Also im here to say that if anyone is beginning to smoke, cut that shit out right now. And if you already are a smoker and are thinking about quitting, do it. Try it.

Chantix has been known to have some wacky side effects, but I have been lucky to escape them. The only thing is.. the dreams. I have vivid dreams every night, which I absolutely love. None of them have been bad. They arent really more intense than vivid dreams I have without the medicine, but they occur so much more often. I used to dream vividly maybe once every week/2 weeks on average. Now its every night. So awesome. Im at the stage where the dose doubles as well, so we will see how that goes.

Fatality

Onyx user!
damn bro congrats, I remember when I was quitting it was hard (smoking cigs wise) I still smoke weed, but cigs took me about 2-3 months to fully stop, I would go from a pack a day to about a pack every 3 days then pack a week and then it go the point where i would only smoke 1 cig a week if i needed too but now I look at the prices and say its not worth it, now it may come a time where i'm having a really shitty day and really stressed i'll buy 1 pack or just take one from my sister and maybe smoke half of it if that.

it's not a easy task but I did it with no meds.

Good luck bro, Try chewing gum.

Aura

Onyx user!
Fatality said:
damn bro congrats, I remember when I was quitting it was hard (smoking cigs wise) I still smoke weed, but cigs took me about 2-3 months to fully stop, I would go from a pack a day to about a pack every 3 days then pack a week and then it go the point where i would only smoke 1 cig a week if i needed too but now I look at the prices and say its not worth it, now it may come a time where i'm having a really shitty day and really stressed i'll buy 1 pack or just take one from my sister and maybe smoke half of it if that.

it's not a easy task but I did it with no meds.

Good luck bro, Try chewing gum.

Haha, thanks man. I dont feel like this medicine is helping me much with cravings but as I said, the dose doubles today and will continue that way for as long as I need to take it. Im glad you quit, and I will try chewing gum. Im open to substituting it with something like gum, but it cant be unhealthy. No candy.

Lame123

You should try vaping. I know it doesn't help with the nicotine addition unless you tapper down but you won't be inhailing 4000 chemicals. I just got mine in today so i plan on using that to help me quit.

Aura

Onyx user!
Lame123 said:
You should try vaping. I know it doesn't help with the nicotine addition unless you tapper down but you won't be inhailing 4000 chemicals. I just got mine in today so i plan on using that to help me quit.

I've heard about it but.. I just want to be done ya know? I dont even want to consider that as an option because I feel like its opting out of what I intend to do anyway. I dont like being dependant on anything I dont have to be. Let me know how it goes for you, I have heard good things about vaping.

Difficult

User is banned.
Proud of you bro, it's takes a lot to quit. My little cousin started at 13 and i helped him quit at 14 so I know this is huge for you. Best of luck!

Lame123

Alt said:
I've heard about it but.. I just want to be done ya know? I dont even want to consider that as an option because I feel like its opting out of what I intend to do anyway. I dont like being dependant on anything I dont have to be. Let me know how it goes for you, I have heard good things about vaping.

Ye i get what you mean but it's fucking hard. People don't understand how fucking hard it it is to get out of the vicious cycle of smoking. I started at about 15 as well. Now im 19 turning 20 next month.

Fuck

User is banned.
Reading this while smoking a square outside of school right now. I always have a smoke during school. Usually about 3 after school after I smoke some bowls. Bad habit, but I also don't care. Nearly every bitch I know smokes cigarettes.

Aura

Onyx user!
Cocaine said:
Reading this while smoking a square outside of school right now. I always have a smoke during school. Usually about 3 after school after I smoke some bowls. Bad habit, but I also don't care. Nearly every bitch I know smokes cigarettes.

You will care one day my friend. Today was my first day without one..not too bad. Little edgy at times, and its hard to sleep. And also to everyone else, thank you for the words of encouragement! We're all strangers but it really does help.

Lizel

smoking is not really good for the body, although we are sometimes second hand smokers, but I prefer not to smoke.

Painkiller

User is banned.
Congratulations man! Glad to know you're making the healthy choice bro.