• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Police

HUNNID

User is banned.
Today almost all the popular headlines have to do with Police. Everything from police shooting certain individuals to throwing students on the ground. I want to know your stance on the police as well as recent events that involve them. For me personally I have no problem with the police. The only case I can think of with the police where I have not agreed with the outcome/what happened is the Eric Garner case. But then again he was doing something illegal, but did he deserve to die? Of course not. Also a recent video that I have seen on literally every social medium and most forums is of the girl getting ripped out of her chair and thrown onto the ground, by a police officer. Do I agree with this video? Somewhat yes and somewhat no. This video gives us a clear understanding of todays youth. They don't respect authority figures. I don't understand why people just don't listen to the police and do what they are told (Within reason of course)? If they did they could completely avoid the problem as a whole. Please tell me what you think, I would love to hear your opinion.

HUNNID

User is banned.
O F said:
lmao, you took my post a lil too seriously...

No, you just made me think about this. Plus its an interesting subject and I want to hear others opinions.

O F

There was recently a 19 y/o kid shot in the face for no reason in a failed marijuana sting outside mcdonalds....
there's a video of it.

HUNNID

User is banned.
O F said:
There was recently a 19 y/o kid shot in the face for no reason in a failed marijuana sting outside mcdonalds....
there's a video of it.

Ya I've seen that. Then again if he didn't try to drive away and just stayed put the outcome would have been completely different. Not saying that it was right/good that he was killed, but if he had listened and just stayed put he would have been fine.

O F

HUNNID said:
Ya I've seen that. Then again if he didn't try to drive away and just stayed put the outcome would have been completely different. Not saying that it was right/good that he was killed, but if he had listened and just stayed put he would have been fine.
or maybe not............................

dagger

If you think being a police officer is easy and every decision they have to make is easy you are mistaken. Now their are going to be some bad apples in the big scheme of things that just make totally outrageous decisions and horrible actions and those corrupt police officers are what is going to make the news these days. The media strives off of displaying negative news becuase the viewers are more inclined to tune in to that kind of stuff. But what does not make the national news is all the positive good things that police officers do everyday. People that say "fuck the police" and "police are shit" those people have no idea what their lives would be like without someone there to protect you. You might say oh I can get a gun and protect my self. But can your 70 year old grandma defend herself when a group of guys are going house to house breaking and entering and killing everyone in side and stealing all their stuff. No I don't think she could stop them. Or could your mother sitting at home stop a serial rapist from coming in her home and raping her becuase the guy already got away with doing it 5 other times becuase there is no 911 to call to stop him. I'm sorry but this is the hard truth that people don't understand...

HUNNID

User is banned.
dagger said:
If you think being a police officer is easy and every decision they have to make is easy you are mistaken. Now their are going to be some bad apples in the big scheme of things that just make totally outrageous decisions and horrible actions and those corrupt police officers are what is going to make the news these days. The media strives off of displaying negative news becuase the viewers are more inclined to tune in to that kind of stuff. But what does not make the national news is all the positive good things that police officers do everyday. People that say "fuck the police" and "police are shit" those people have no idea what their lives would be like without someone there to protect you. You might say oh I can get a gun and protect my self. But can your 70 year old grandma defend herself when a group of guys are going house to house breaking and entering and killing everyone in side and stealing all their stuff. No I don't think she could stop them. Or could your mother sitting at home stop a serial rapist from coming in her home and raping her becuase the guy already got away with doing it 5 other times becuase there is no 911 to call to stop him. I'm sorry but this is the hard truth that people don't understand...
Couldn't agree with you more! Great post.

Cann!bal

Power member.
dagger said:
There aren't just a couple bad apples. The whole tree is rotted. There is a very obvious systematic flaw with American police. Iceland police have only killed one person ever after a two-day stand off and the police here kill thousands each year. That's totally un-fucking-acceptable. There is no justification for that number. Stop trying to defend these assholes. Not to mention how racially discriminatory the police are, too, and there's plenty more to complain about.

However perhaps more importantly, police are under oath to enforce unjust and immoral laws. They aren't here to protect us. They're here for law enforcement. They aren't our friends. They're all morally corrupted in that sense and don't deserve a pass because they sometimes do good things.

How would the police defend grandma in either of those situations? She would be dead in the first one and after being raped in the second the criminal would be long gone after any cops came. Again, not here to protect. Here to enforce law.

Extinguished

The United States gave freedom to the citizens in exchange for control and horrendous acts to the citizens. In certain situations, I believe the cops are needed when they're not the bad guy at that given moment. Policemen are under different laws than the common citizen, which some may use as an exploit to do as they please, while some are the friendliest you could meet/get help from. In my area, there's not much outrage, except for them handing speeding tickets out of their jurisdiction. At this point, after all the unjustified shootings at citizens, then tables have turned against them. Martial Law will come to my homeland sooner than later, which is the plot of the puppeteers.