• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

phybeя's White Hat Help Desk

phybeя

Fainted said:
I see these IPs as established only having the internet browser opened. I don't know, do you see normal or suspicious man?

Btw, thanks for the help!

I can't tell just from a glance but you can check the IPs via: http://www.iplocation.net/

Unicorn said:
This is a great thread your helping people with;

Issue: RAT (just checking)
Question(s): What are the main .exe that would be running on my task management
Any additional information: Are all rats the same types of .exe apps running.

No, not all rats are the same type of .exe's in task manager.

They can really be any of them but some of the more common ones are: winlogon.exe, Jusched.exe, csrss.exe, explorer.exe, svchost.exe, rundll32.exe and spoolsv.exe.

м¢ℓσνιη

Glad to see another computer whizz around the site.

Andy

User is banned.
Good news, ukash virus is off my computer :)

м¢ℓσνιη

Optimus said:
Good news, ukash virus is off my computer :)

Did you use the guide from MalwareTips.com?

Andy

User is banned.

Bry

User is banned.
Issue: Same

Question: Can the R.A.T'er control your computer while you're installing Windows 7 in a booteable USB? I just deleted ALL the content on C: + reinstalled fresh W7 for stay 100% secure, and made B: with a backup of all my content that I wanted to save. So, now am I fully secure?

Just that question.

phybeя

Bry said:
Issue: Same

Question: Can the R.A.T'er control your computer while you're installing Windows 7 in a booteable USB? I just deleted ALL the content on C: + reinstalled fresh W7 for stay 100% secure, and made B: with a backup of all my content that I wanted to save. So, now am I fully secure?

Just that question.

It is definitely possible for you to still be potentially infected. If the RAT spread to other files such as the ones you backed up then you would only be putting yourself at risk again.

However it is unlikely and I'd say you shouldn't be too worried, especially if you did a fresh install.