• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

[Photoshop Tutorial] Youtube channel background

Tnz

For all member that are not from HackForums I decided to copy-paste my tutorials from there on this forum. So there will be three tutorials about YouTube channel backgrounds. They are "old" so you can expect tutorials n4 soon. As well I'll post tutorial about making Cartoon Avatars.

This tutorial will show you how to create youtube channel background.
For this tutorial I made my own template that you can download.
template

Open template.
1-1.jpg

When you open it, you'll see 2 layers, layer 1 and layer 2.
At layer 1, you can add text, pictures, change color or what ever you want.
(Make sure that you put picture, text layer under the Layer 2!)

At layer 2, I recommend to to only change color, but also if you want you can put some pictures. You also can erase some part of it if you want.

I'm going to show you how I create youtube background for my friend.

1. Let's change color of "Layer 1".
To do that,right click on layer 1, and select Blending Options. (Or double click on layer 1)
2-1.jpg

You can click on Color Overlay, Gradient Overlay or Pattern Overlay.
I want background black so I'm not going to use any of this...

2. Adding pictures.
You can do this by going to Menu Bar -> File -> Open or just drag picture in to photoshop.
Put the picure where ever you want. I'm going to put my picture on left side.
3.jpg

(You can edit that picture... example you can go to Blending Options and add some Outer Glow...)

3. Adding text... Add text where ever you want, chose what ever font you want, after that go to Blending Options and edit text...(Outer Glow, Inter Glow, Stroke...)
I'm going to add vertical text on left side, and add Outer Glow.
4.jpg

4. Go to File -> Save As... -> File Name: What ever you want / Format: JPEG. Click SAVE. Make sure that your image have maximum 256K.
5.jpg

And that's it! Hope you like it.
Here is what I get:

6.jpg

Tnz

Yes. You can check it on Hack Forums, I have same nick name :D

Legend_mybb_import1694

Well then pretty nice tutorial you've got there. I might be needing this in a while.

Tnz

Legend said:
Well then pretty nice tutorial you've got there. I might be needing this in a while.

Planning to post two more tutorials about YouTube background, hope they will help too.

Legend_mybb_import1694

Give us some basic YT background vectors with .psd files to the vectors and the YT background.

Tnz

Legend said:
A pretty decent YouTube bg with minimal design. Simple and yet somewhat attractive.

:p
If you want to do BG with more pictures and you want all that to he HQ you will have to be partner to put that BG on your channel. Normal user can use only BG's that have 256kb...

Tnz

Ah, this thread is still on!
Nice, well it's bit outdated tho...
So, close this thread please.