• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

PayPal Sued!

Mango

User is banned.

Nervous

User is banned.
Dont really feel comfortable clicking that link but if this is a true article I could def see this happening considering they can just lock your account and freeze money when ever they want. I have had my difficulties with PayPal, they can be very annoying. Only reason I use it is because I can transfer money straight from there into my bank.

Mango

User is banned.
Here is what the article says

BY CHRISTINA JETER @CJETER | FEBRUARY 1, 2016 9:26 AM

"If you are a current or former user of PayPal in the United States who had an active PayPal account between April 19, 2006 and November 5, 2015, you may be entitled to receive a kickback from them.
2016 must be the year of the lawsuit. I swear every major company is getting sued, Verizon, Sprint and now the number one secure way to transfer money via the internet had a class action settlement being brought against them and it has been settle. According to the email document, “A settlement has been reached in a class action in which the plaintiffs allege, among other things, that PayPal improperly handled disputed transactions on PayPal accounts and improperly placed holds and reserves on accounts or closed or suspended accounts. Plaintiffs also allege that PayPal failed to provide annual error-resolution notices and monthly account statements under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act.”

What does that mean for PayPal users? If you had an active PayPal account April 19, 2006 through Nov. 5, 2015 that had a hold or reserve placed on your account and/or who had your account closed or suspended by PayPal you are eligible to receive a monetary payment upon submission of a valid claim form, that explains the terms and conditions of the settlement in more details.

I just tried to get my records from the recorded dates mentioned in this lawsuit and PayPal won’t let me access them, even when I go to the advance search section of my account. And forget about asking an agent because they can’t get involved or have anything to do with you accessing your records for this case. But I do remember losing $50 bucks to a fraudulent purchase and the email address associated to my PayPal account so that was enough information for me to submit for this claim.

The economy mat be on the raise but that is only because everyone is getting income from class action lawsuit, sure it ranges from $10 and up but hey at least it’s giving unemployment benefit checks a break!" @Nervous

Rare

Nervous said:
Dont really feel comfortable clicking that link but if this is a true article I could def see this happening considering they can just lock your account and freeze money when ever they want. I have had my difficulties with PayPal, they can be very annoying. Only reason I use it is because I can transfer money straight from there into my bank.
It's a news article link, I clicked it on the other site and just has information. If you owned a PayPal through 2006-2015 and live in U.S you are eligible for this.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
I will always be by your side PayPal:( you have been a good companion. Please don't give me money because children can't use PayPal correct.

Sarcasm

Nervous said:
Are you okay, its a news article.  OMF haha

Parachute

PayPal said they would transfer the money in my limited account to my main PayPal in 45 days and it took them 3 months, gonna have to look into this more.