• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Opinions on my computer build project?

Escape

I've been browsing around on FK and found this, I've got 2 grand saved up and here is what I've got planned:

ASUS Geforce GTX 590 3GB GFX Card
3x AOC Razor 23" monitors
Intel i7 3820 quad core @ 3.8GHz socket 2011
Asus P9X79 Deluxe ATX motherboard socket 2011
32GB (8x 4gb modules) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM Quad channel
NZXT Phantom 410 mid tower chassis
NZXT HALE90 1000W PSU (i dont want it getting stressed :p)
Plextor DVD writer w/ lightscribe
Razer Mamba mouse
Razer Sphex mousemat
Razer Arctosa gaming keyboard
NZXT Sentry II fan controller
2x WD 1TB SATA HDD
1x Corsair 30gb Nova SSD (for Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit)
+ extra fans and the cold cathodes etc

thats my project, gonna be one fineee machine. after effects will never crash on me again xD lol i could even have c4d, vegas and ae open and it would still be fine :p

im not a novice, my dad builds for clients as a hobby/extra money thing

let me know what you think or if there should be any changes :)

Blade

Power member.
Yo how about you give me that and I will trade you my slimline...

Escape

Blade said:
Yo how about you give me that and I will trade you my slimline...

haha so i guess you like it? 8D

Fish Boy

I hope im not late with this reply... anyways, no need for 32 gb ram.... 16gb is more than enough. also, the 590 is notorious for heat issues. get the gtx680 instead. and 30gb ssd as a boot drive isnt gonna cut it, even if you manage it well. get atleast 60gb, or have a little more breathing room with room for some applications with 120gb (i recommend the crucial m4 128gb). as for the case, i would suggest the corsair 400r over the phantom, as there is better air flow (which is recommended for such a high-end build such as the one ur planning on building). other wise, looks like its gonna be a monster build :) have fun building and good luck!

Escape

Fish Boy said:
I hope im not late with this reply... anyways, no need for 32 gb ram.... 16gb is more than enough. also, the 590 is notorious for heat issues. get the gtx680 instead. and 30gb ssd as a boot drive isnt gonna cut it, even if you manage it well. get atleast 60gb, or have a little more breathing room with room for some applications with 120gb (i recommend the crucial m4 128gb). as for the case, i would suggest the corsair 400r over the phantom, as there is better air flow (which is recommended for such a high-end build such as the one ur planning on building). other wise, looks like its gonna be a monster build :) have fun building and good luck!

Thanks for that help, but its not a day-to-day computer. This monster will be running 3DS Max, After Effects and other ram hungry programs so I need it. Not just for running things but for rendering too. I'm an editor you see :)

As for the boot drive, I'll go with the 128 crucial M4 as you suggested. 30 could strain it on 2nd thoughts.

I'll look into the 400r but so far the Phantom is my favourite. I think I'll ditch the 410 and just go for the full tower.

thanks again for the help <3