• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Need Some Advice (Not For Me But Family)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUNNID

User is banned.
So my sister recently went away to a boarding school. My sister is different from other people because she suffers with learning disabilities as well as she has numerous social problems. Shes coming home from break and has had a TON of trouble at boarding school socially. I want to give her some advice but I don't really know what to say. She doesn't have any friends and people make fun of her constantly. It really actually pisses me off and I don't know what to do or how to help. Any advice would be amazing. Thanks!

Miles

User is banned.
Keep off the topic of her friends & all the problems she's having, focus more on things she can do well and she knows she's doing well. Praise for random stuff, make her feel better in general.

Hope

Power member.
Dude tell her that she needs to find a group of friends who can appreciate her for herself. Tell her to just be friendly and have a blast with what she does. I once went through this and felt like no one in 7th grade until I found a group of friends that I could always talk to and trust.

California

Power member.
Can you tell me why they sent her to a boarding school?
Honestly, sending her away ( If that were me) would make me feel worse.

Hope

Power member.
Miles said:
Keep off the topic of her friends & all the problems she's having, focus more on things she can do well and she knows she's doing well. Praise for random stuff, make her feel better in general.

I feel like if she did this than she would only feel more isolated once she gets back to her school. She will see her home as a heaven on Earth while school is almost a hell and could lead to further problems.

HUNNID

User is banned.
California said:
Can you tell me why they sent her to a boarding school?
Honestly, sending her away ( If that were me) would make me feel worse.

Well a little background on her is she went to a school for dyslexia for a couple years. And the time came where she could have gone to high school here or she could have left and applied some where else. She choose to do that. And she applied to a couple schools and this school she applied to was for very smart people and she got in. It really surprised her as well as my family because she really moved on and achieved a great goal. Shes been doing great education wise she has a B average (Better than me) and has been doing great with all of her classes. The only problem is she is constantly being bullied and getting this feeling that no one likes her. At the school I go to I have a great group of friends and I have never had these problems. Even at my school there are "outcasts" (thats what I am calling them because I couldn't think of a better name but they really aren't) And even those people have friends and shit. I just want to give her some advice and try to help her but I just don't know how. And sending her to this school was the best and worst decision for her.

Hope said:
Dude tell her that she needs to find a group of friends who can appreciate her for herself. Tell her to just be friendly and have a blast with what she does. I once went through this and felt like no one in 7th grade until I found a group of friends that I could always talk to and trust.

Thanks for the advice! I'll try to do that. And I'm sorry you went through that stage but I'm glad ur better now!

Hope

Power member.
xSlatzy said:
Well a little background on her is she went to a school for dyslexia for a couple years. And the time came where she could have gone to high school here or she could have left and applied some where else. She choose to do that. And she applied to a couple schools and this school she applied to was for very smart people and she got in. It really surprised her as well as my family because she really moved on and achieved a great goal. Shes been doing great education wise she has a B average (Better than me) and has been doing great with all of her classes. The only problem is she is constantly being bullied and getting this feeling that no one likes her. At the school I go to I have a great group of friends and I have never had these problems. Even at my school there are "outcasts" (thats what I am calling them because I couldn't think of a better name but they really aren't) And even those people have friends and shit. I just want to give her some advice and try to help her but I just don't know how. And sending her to this school was the best and worst decision for her.

Thanks for the advice! I'll try to do that. And I'm sorry you went through that stage but I'm glad ur better now!

It was right after I transferred schools. I knew no one because it was completely different. I connected to the people ik by being funny and having something in common which was racing dirtbikes. Maybe if she has a hobby she can find other people that share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.