• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

My thoughts about private servers.

Deathwish

Onyx user!
Hi.
I have been playing Runescape Private Servers for what feels like forever now. My first rsps was Runescape 3, and that was a disaster. About a year later, my friend introduced me to runelocus, and I found out about servers like Near Reality and stuff. It wasn't when I found out about this little server called Final Gaze that really got me interested in making an rsps. And so, frustrated with the runelocus account creation, I joined a forum called rune-server. There, I learned basic java, what servers and clients were, and other happy stuff. I had some really good friends there, and I loved the r-s community. After all that, I had a decent server, with some changes and all that, I couldn't figure out how to portforward on my router. (I still can't. I don't know what's wrong. I tried asking my friends on skype, and even almost payed someone to do it for me.) So, out of frustration, I quit rsps coding. I spent about a good while on near-reality and some other rsps's, and met some nice people. One of them was a guy named Chris on a server called project-requiem. In other words, I loved playing rsps's because I loved the community and the people.

A few days ago, I had a brilliant idea. I was really bored so I checked some threads on the advertisement section, and this idea came to me. I saw a map-editor made by peterbjornx and I decided I want to code a custom hunger games minigame. So I quickly found a nice non-PI 317 source and client, got some tools like a .dat viewer and a object viewer, and I got ready to work on the server.

Then, as I got those tools, I read some of the posts by the r-s members. Almost every other message was either a troll, a "y u leach my work, brooo", or a "good luck" spam. Even worse, I was chatting in the chatbox, and I accidentally copied/pasted a bad link leading to a malicious website. I tried to explain it as quickly as possible, but unfortunately, I get perm-banned. So I make another account and post an appeal, and the "staff" doesn't even bother to read the appeal, but instead, bans my other account for ban evasion.

If the rsps community is as annoying and as poor as the 10 year old kids at runescape (that only half-kill their black dragons) I don't see why I still bother to make my rsps. I don't understand why people play rsps's. Is it because they like spawning items? Or is it because you don't have to pay $7 a month? :(