• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

My PC. I need opinions.

Cred

I need opinions. I bought this off craigslist for $500, it seemed like a really good deal. He had it for $600 and I lowered the bin (lel). I need opinions whether I should leave it as is, or if I should upgrade some parts and if so, which parts. If you know someone who is good at computers, tag em plx.

Part List:
PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xgBtMp

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: Asus P8B75-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive [/font]
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card 
Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer [/font]
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit) 
Fan Controller: Aerocool Touch 2000 Fan Controller 
Monitor: Dell ST2220L 21.5" Monitor 
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Wired Gaming Keyboard

Cred

Shout said:
i would go for a better video card imo but everything else looks pretty good, i hope you know what you are doing when building :)
I didn't build this, i bought it off craigslist. What video card would you recommend?

PrintLn

Onyx user!
Holy moly. You got this for less than $600? Man, that's amazing. That's an extremely good deal. You even got the monitor and keyboard with it.

You forgot to mention how you're going to use this machine. It'll EASILY handle all the basic tasks like Skype, Chrome, YT, Word, e-mail, Spotify, etc, with absolutely no problem.

I'm assuming you already reformatted the HDD and SSD.

If you're going to be using it for random crap like above then you're golden. If you're doing gaming then you're probably fine too. In the really new games you might have to turn some settings down. The joke is "can it run Crisis?" but the fact is most people don't play Crisis or any other extremely hardware intensive game. If you're a hardcore gamer (which judging by this thread, you're not) the only upgrade I can recommend is the video card. I can't make a good recommendation for a video card without knowing what games you plan to play (and on what settings) and your budget.

Replicate

User is banned.
500 dollars holy shit mate. sell me your graphics