• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Mid lane God?

Surface

User is banned.
Hey guys what do think is the strongest mid lane champion in the current meta?

I'm thinking about playing ranked and taking my level of play to the next level. I'm also going to main mid.

Let me know guys, thanks

Random

I don't think there are many League players here haha.

Surface

User is banned.
Teeroh said:
zed-jayce-akali-fizz

usually ban fizz every game
yasuo isnt good anymore due to base health nerf
akali sounds good. Just pre level 6 she's pretty bad. But after she's a monster.

maceypants

Onyx user!
Surface said:
Hey guys what do think is the strongest mid lane champion in the current meta?

I'm thinking about playing ranked and taking my level of play to the next level. I'm also going to main mid.

Let me know guys, thanks

There isn't a very good answer for this right now.
You have to take into account there are the three phases in the game.
Ahri: Mid Game. Generally, post 6 she can have potential for a kill in lane if she can land her skillshots, but I feel she really shines in roaming with her ultimate and set up kills for her team. She has good base damages as well.

Akali: Mid Game. Like Ahri, is pretty reliant on her ultimate. Her jumping around makes her awful to lane against, and her W is great at escaping ganks, especially in mid lane. In the first teamfights, she excels as an assassin, jumping to the enemy carrys and bursting them down. Late game, her damage falls off a little bit and she can be burst down more easily, so getting some tanky items is generally a good idea, like Voyboy's Bruiser Akali.

Anivia: Late Game. Her Ultimate, and E can do huge burst damage late game, and the Ultimate and her W can block off almost the entire river, or block off an entire jungle path. This makes her incredibly useful, and she has probably the best wave clear in the game. Shes also pretty good mid game, but her early game is pretty weak.

Annie: Early Game. She has huge burst at level 6, and her huge autoattack range makes her great at harassing and last hitting, especially with her Q passive restoring mana. However, all of her spells have very short ranges, which makes her fall off late game, because unless she can land an AOE tibbers stun, she'll probably be burst down quickly.

Brand: Mid game. Has a decent laning phase, with some potantial to kill iuf he can land his E+Q. However, mid game teamfights, his AOE potential with a Q+E+W+R is incredible. However, isnt the best champion right now, as called by some pro gamers, he is a "skillshot version" of Ryze, with slightly longer range. If you can land his combo on a grouped up team though, its worth it. Falls off slightly late game as people get tankier.

Cassiopeia: Early and Late game. Early game, her Q+E damage is incredible at zoning lane opponents and doing ridiculous damage. Mid game, her damage falls off a little bit, but late game, her damage is disgusting, and a full ultimate is incredibly deadly. She is kind of risky with her ranges though, but her damage is great, just land her ultimate.

Cho'Gath: Mid Game. Thanks to his passive, Cho has one of the best laning phases in the game, and is very safe, letting him farm very effeciently, and his W is awesome for harass. However, unless you're dove, you probably wont get a kill. Mid Game is when Cho shines, as hes incredibly tanky due to items and his Ultimate. Your Q is great utility, and to fight effeciently, you pretty much have to walk up to the enemy carry, Q, W, Ultimate, and then autoattack them. Just walking up to a carry and ulting them for 500 or so true damage is probably enough to flash away in terror and allows you to zone them. Damge and tankiness fall off late game.

Diana: Mid Game.Has great potential from 6 onwards. Her Ult>E combo is incredible for starting team fights, and her damage is insane. The biggest problem I can see is that she can easily be zoned due to her melee range, but as Dignitas Scarra has shown time and time again in LCS, start with upwards of 9 health potions, and leveling W twice early for a strong shield. Then, mid game she can facilitate teamfights incredibly well and wreck havoc, along with incredible 1v1 potential.

Fizz: Mid Game. Has huge burst potential with his Ultimate, and his E mechanic makes for some awesome plays. Doesn't have a very good 1-6, and then falls off late game, and is incredibly dependent on landing his ultimate. If you miss shark, you lose all your CC and a lot of damage. Falls off late game due to being melee.

Galio: Late Game. Laning phase isn't spectacular due to him being Melee, and doesn't deal huge damage. From about level 7 though, becomes a great farmer by spamming Q, and can get tanky and naturally build AP with passive. The reason hes strong is because he has one of the best ultimates in a game, and landing one with a team to back you up is devastating. Isn't that strong overall though, as hes useless in teamfights without an ultimate.

Gragas: Mid Game. His Laning phase is pretty decent, but has potential to be burst down or harassed. Really excels in Mid Game with his ultimate having huge catch potential. Late Game, he kind of has to get pretty close to maximize his damage, which can be deadly late game, but his ultimate is always incredibly strong for catching potential and damg

Small list for you.

XTwipz

You know what, I'm a bit late yeah, I would simply tell you that you've got to pick your best champ, I mean the one you like the most playing with and train it to the next level. Every midlaner is a potentialy strong champ, correctly played. It's up to you. There's not such thing as meta if you're god on your champ haha

Daimi

User is banned.
XTwipz said:
You know what, I'm a bit late yeah, I would simply tell you that you've got to pick your best champ, I mean the one you like the most playing with and train it to the next level. Every midlaner is a potentialy strong champ, correctly played. It's up to you. There's not such thing as meta if you're god on your champ haha

Good job grave digging an old ass thread.