• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Malware - Rep for answers

Derik

Onyx user!
Just curious what this could be.

Found it during my nightly scan before I went to bed. I noticed it is located in my java sun stuff, so probably RSPS or RS related?

Not sure, que me in for some free rep.

Also the weird thing is that I haven't noticed anything weird with my computer, nothing slowing down, or disorderly, nor have I been downloading anything stupid.

2yphoc2.png

Inxy

Onyx user!
It's probably a false positive. Alot of Anti-virus may detect non-virus file as a Virus.

Derik

Onyx user!
Immortality said:
It's probably a false positive. Alot of Anti-virus may detect non-virus file as a Virus.

Why would it do that?

That pretty much renders the whole point of AV useless then.

Inxy

Onyx user!
"False positives occur when a pattern of code in the file matches the same pattern contained in a virus signature. This can occur due to a faulty signature or it can occur after improper disinfection by the same or different antivirus scanner.

False positives can be more than just annoying. Repeated warnings that are erroneous cause the same effect as the boy who cried wolf. If too many false positives occur, when a legitimate warning is presented, users may disregard it. In other cases, a false positive can cause legitimate files to be deleted, causing the operating system or program to no longer function properly."

Cause It can mistakenly detect it as a virus.

Reality

User is banned.
Clear your cache and then scan again and it probably won't be there