• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

MacBook [Customized Mid-2007]

Hurt

Selling my MacBook so that I can get either a DSLR or a newer MacBook.
It's the Mid-2007 Model, but the specs are much greater than they were when it was first purchased.
It was upgraded to 4GB of Ram (Up from 1GB) and to a 750GB HDD (About 650GB Avail, Up from 120GB)
For the rest of the specs, see here. My model is the middle model.
The MacBook can support up to OS X Lion (10.7.5) BUT using programs like MLPostFactor and YouTube tutorials you are able to get it up to Yosemite I believe. I was able to get up to Mountain Lion but due to my pirated copy of the OS, there was plenty of glitches. If you purchased Mountain Lion and Mavericks (about $40-45 total) you should have no issues at all.

It does have some issues, for example sometimes the screen will go black (I think it's entering sleep mode?) but won't wake up. This will happen randomly (not very often) and sometimes it happens when trying to open the display from Sleep mode. I've read that it is the hard drive so I may be replacing it to see if it solves the issue. Also the fan sometimes gets super loud but I'm going to be cleaning it soon as well. When the laptop gets very hot the sound will glitch for a few seconds or minutes, it varies and I haven't found a way to tell how long it will take to cool. Just pause the YouTube video, movie, or song that you are viewing for a bit and it'll eventually be fixed. This may be fixed when I clean the fan, but I'm not sure. I haven't really tried to fix these issues at all or even really even thought about it because I don't use the laptop this much.

For being nearly 8 years old this laptop still runs pretty smoothly though, and it can even run all CS6 programs that I have tried to use with it with ease. The only issue I've had was that After Effects Ram-Previewing feature ran rather slow but that's just because I'm used to my desktop Ram-Previewing and it has significantly better specs. It cannot run iMessage, however using a tweak called Remote Messages I was able to send both iMessages and SMS messages from my computer! This is available on PC, Mac, and anything else that has a browser because it's the tweak on your jailbroken iPhone doing all the work.

It has some cosmetic damage, i.e scuffs on the bottom/sides, but also some of the casing is coming up from the base a bit. The issue has only gotten as bad as it is because of my 4 younger siblings and their constant desire to break my stuff. It won't get any worse as long as you don't play with it. The cosmetic damage does not affect performance at all, and it is barely noticeable while using the computer, or even while watching somebody else use the computer.

I will not take less than $300 for this, because it was bought for it's full price back in 2007 and I myself made the modifications to the specs.

Pictures will be up ASAP.

BIN: $400
℅: N/A​

Cred

Good luck with selling, you're going to have to use a middleman for most people.

Off topic: i just saw your graphics and as a graphic designer myself, god damn is your graphics sexy!

Hurt

Cred said:
Good luck with selling, you're going to have to use a middleman for most people.

Off topic: i just saw your graphics and as a graphic designer myself, god damn is your graphics sexy!

I'd be more than alright using a MM, as this item is expensive and I trust almost nobody.
Thanks though! You make some damn nice graphics yourself! :)

California

Power member.
Better luck with eBay . If it's nice I may buy in the future