• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

"League of Legends" -A newer, very popular game

hypershadow

Onyx user!

Built using the same principles as the wildly popular Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft III, League of Legends gives each player control of a powerful champion unit in a team-based battle to destroy each other's bases. real-time strategy elements, like AI controlled foot soldiers and turrets, and roleplaying features, like leveling abilities and buying better equipment, provide lots of variety and flexibility. The popularity of this Defense of the Ancients gameplay style seems to be rising with the release of not just League of Legends, but also Demigod and Heroes of Newerth.

With so many options on the market, it can be hard to tell just which of the games is right for you. Whichever way your own personal tastes are leaning, there's a lot to like about League of Legends. The game design is relatively direct but still has a lot of nuance, and the core strategies are basic but still allow for multi-layered tactics. On the downside, the game's official launch status is still a mystery with no clear reason for the abundance or shortage of various features throughout the game.

Basically, this game that has been growing rapidly over the past few years, is a RTS type "tug of war" game where both sides are the same, and you have to use strategy to pull your way to the other teams base and destroy there nexus/base.

I've told several people about it, and now they are all hooked to it.

If you need someone to help you get started, message me on RG and I will play a game with you on my low level.

RE: League of Legends-Extremely popular game

I've heard a lot about this game, I think I tried to play it once but it didn't work for some reason :\

Sick'

It's worth a 2gb to download. Awesome game, lvl3 but got pretty good xD
Got banned for 1 day for leaving, yeah they're picky.

Pseudo

Is this game actually that good? My friend kept on telling me to play last year and not I hear more of my friends playing.

Phantomkiller42

Onyx user!
Pseudo said:
Is this game actually that good? My friend kept on telling me to play last year and not I hear more of my friends playing.

Yea, it's a really good game. Really addicting though, too. When you first start playing, it will be a little rough since you don't know much about the items/characters in the game, but once you get to know everything, it's really fun.

Been playing for over a year now.

Tyler-

Onyx user!
I started playing this yesterday

Tyler-

Onyx user!
The thing I dont like this game is that you cant log off at any time, you must sit there for a game that can last an hour, turns me off the game.

Derik

Onyx user!
I got a 3 day ban yesterday for AFKing cause I had to go eat dinner.

Anyway, League is an amazing game, it's free too.
Level 11 on it ;)

Tyler-

Onyx user!
Derik said:
I got a 3 day ban yesterday for AFKing cause I had to go eat dinner.

Anyway, League is an amazing game, it's free too.
Level 11 on it ;)

Im level 7 i think, levels dont really count though

Malekyth

LoL is not new i am playing since beta and now i am in APB and testing all champs :D

Singed

Onyx user!
It's funny because my main alias I use is apparently one of the top players on that game or something xD (singed)