• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Laptop's been blowing large virtual balls recently

Chronos

User is banned.
As you can tell by the title that I'll probably regret and change later on, my laptop has recently been trash recently. Some things to point out, this is a new computer, only had it for a few months. Secondly, this is a nice computer, it's an HP Pavilion dv6. No, it's not some amazing custom built, it's just a nice laptop. I also have it on High-Performance settings. For the past few days, my computers been slow recently. I cant even go on youtube without a shitty fps on HD videos or full-monitor videos. I'm not too tech-savy when it comes to PC protection besides the basic antivirus and daily/weekly scans. Anyone got some tips/guides on what to do? I'd much prefer advice from someone on here then a link to an outdated guide, but anything is useful at this point. Can't enjoy my PewDiePie :(

TheRealHook3r

I have the exact same laptop, one of things you could try doing is going into "Recycling bin" and deleting EVERYthing in there. Next, go into start menu, then hit control pannel and at the bottom it should say /Uninstall/repair program, (something along those lines) click that and remove any unused programs. Fully reboot your comp and see whats up

Chronos

User is banned.
Carson said:
I have the exact same laptop, one of things you could try doing is going into "Recycling bin" and deleting EVERYthing in there. Next, go into start menu, then hit control pannel and at the bottom it should say /Uninstall/repair program, (something along those lines) click that and remove any unused programs. Fully reboot your comp and see whats up

Everything I dont use is gone. The only thing I have are necessary programs, few pc tools like malware antibytes, and some other things like photoshop.

м¢ℓσνιη

Well I see that your a PewDiePie fan as well :p

Well what you could do is download CCleaner.

Once downloaded, open the appropriate build for you system.

As I have a 64 bit version, I open the CCleaner64.exe .

Once opened a screen will come up asking this:

iAZXw.png

Click "Yes (Recommended)".

Once the next screen comes up, go down to options and do the following:

xnciR.png

Next do this:

HUUrN.png

Then click the applications tab and do the following:

meDpM.png

After that click "Run Cleaner".

Once that is finished go across to the "Registry" tab and click "Scan for Issues".

Then click "Fix Selected Issues".

When it asks for a backup of the registry click yes and save that file somewhere.

Once done that, reboot and let me know how that went :)

Chronos

User is banned.
McLovin said:
Well I see that your a PewDiePie fan as well :p

Well what you could do is download CCleaner.

Once downloaded, open the appropriate build for you system.

As I have a 64 bit version, I open the CCleaner64.exe .

Once opened a screen will come up asking this:

iAZXw.png

Click "Yes (Recommended)".

Once the next screen comes up, go down to options and do the following:

xnciR.png

Next do this:

HUUrN.png

Then click the applications tab and do the following:

meDpM.png

After that click "Run Cleaner".

Once that is finished go across to the "Registry" tab and click "Scan for Issues".

Then click "Fix Selected Issues".

When it asks for a backup of the registry click yes and save that file somewhere.

Once done that, reboot and let me know how that went :)

My computer works like a dream now, thanks for this. I suggest anyone who's having problems similar to mine, especially with the pavillion dv6 to do this, as this is apparently a common problem for dv6's.

Yeaitsme

User is banned.
If you have installation CD's just DBAN it, start from scratch.

Famous

Power member.
Chronos said:
My computer works like a dream now, thanks for this. I suggest anyone who's having problems similar to mine, especially with the pavillion dv6 to do this, as this is apparently a common problem for dv6's.

I have the pavilion dv7 :) with beats audio

Chronos

User is banned.
Yeaitsme said:
If you have installation CD's just DBAN it, start from scratch.

I wish I could've restored it to factory settings, however I dont have the CD's currently.

Gumm said:
I have the pavilion dv7 :) with beats audio

Any sort of pavilion has these problems, dv6 I heard was the worst atm, havent read up on the dv7.

Famous

Power member.
Chronos said:
I wish I could've restored it to factory settings, however I dont have the CD's currently.

Any sort of pavilion has these problems, dv6 I heard was the worst atm, havent read up on the dv7.

Oh, well i just followed this guys guide on my computer and i've been having the same problem.. I got my computer on the 14th of june and it started having slow problems and error messages yesterday.. Thanks for posting this!

Chronos

User is banned.
Gumm said:
Oh, well i just followed this guys guide on my computer and i've been having the same problem.. I got my computer on the 14th of june and it started having slow problems and error messages yesterday.. Thanks for posting this!

Poop's also been having the same problems. These computers seem to crap out after a few months :(

Famous

Power member.
Chronos said:
Poop's also been having the same problems. These computers seem to crap out after a few months :(

Poop has a dv7 or 6?

Famous

Power member.
Chronos said:
dv6. He got his around March, so he's only had it about 4 months.

Dude do you know how the first cleaning you do? mines only at 25 percent.

Chronos

User is banned.
Gumm said:
Dude do you know how the first cleaning you do? mines only at 25 percent.

Yeah the first cleaning takes a bit, especially whens it's going through your browsers cache.

Kill

User is banned.
I hope your computer gets better.

P.S.- Hey guys! My name is PewDiePie, along with my lovely girlfriend Cutiepie

Bryann

My friend has the Pavillion dv7, and neither of us think it's that good! Overpriced due to the Beats audio.