• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Jagex Account Guardian

machofan

Any of you phishers/ratters out there read this yet?

"This week, you should notice a significant reduction in gold farmer spam. Over the course of the next few weeks, we will not only be launching our most comprehensive and formidable anti-bot update but players will also see a significant upgrade to their accounts' security to protect against phishing and hijacking. This is called Jagex Account Guardian, and we're introducing it within the next two weeks."

Jagex has announced their new anti-bot methods with psuedo name, "Jagex Account Guardian". This will monitor your account usage and make it easier to tell if your botting.

This sounds bad :/

Zain

Onyx user!
Pretty sure the anti-bot and JAG are separate entities.

tu y tu mama

Onyx user!
I don't really know how it will affect people who steal accounts, probably that if they login from a different IP that isn't in the same city it a warning will come up and ask some questions, I don't know.
But as long that something like that doesn't happens and free trade is still up I don't really know how it will affect.

Haywire

Onyx user!
They say so much, the only thing they "invented" was fear, cus that news is a lie ;)

Deathcrow

Power member.
Danіel said:
I don't really know how it will affect people who steal accounts, probably that if they login from a different IP that isn't in the same city it a warning will come up and ask some questions, I don't know.
But as long that something like that doesn't happens and free trade is still up I don't really know how it will affect.

Even then a RAT could still handle that. That is if they are infected with the RAT when they set up the questions or if they log in using a different IP while infected with the RAT. But I have a feeling that isn't what it is going to be like.

Gogetaa

Would be sick if someone infected the Jagex account gaurdian

Adam

Onyx user!
Domcon said:
One simple fix for account hackers, a vpn.

Not if they're monitoring IPs like PayPal does by location and asking question if it is states apart.

Apexis

Adam said:
Domcon said:
One simple fix for account hackers, a vpn.

Not if they're monitoring IPs like PayPal does by location and asking question if it is states apart.

That could be a problem, in the case you would have to start getting vpn's in a specific state.

Captain Falcon

Onyx user!
loool i can see that happening

Get the question right on your login to the account, and now the question is set to YOUR state, so when the owner tries to log back on he'll get the question. And, if like the average skid runescaper, he forgets what it was, well GF his acc.

Chewbaka

If this is anything similar to an authenticaor, say good bye to account hacking.

Montoya-Valdez

Onyx user!
I'm afraid this will be the end of the hackin era with easy stuff like phishing? No more easy irl $ :(