• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Is there any way to improve internet connection?

Tupac

Power member.
As the title says, is there any way?

Here is my current horrible internet.

90f37ba82cb58fafe6553a36a2971642.png

I have two laptops connected to the WiFi. Xbox is corded.

F. Malware

Onyx user!
Shut off any unused computers and or xboxs. Connect via ethernet or Upgrade your wifi card to something usb with a directional antenna, upgrade your router and or upgrade ISPs.

I can get into more detail but you need networking experience to comprehend it. This should boost up up quite a bit.

Tupac

Power member.
Torvalds said:
Shut off any unused computers and or xboxs. Connect via ethernet or Upgrade your wifi card to something usb with a directional antenna, upgrade your router and or upgrade ISPs.

I can get into more detail but you need networking experience to comprehend it. This should boost up up quite a bit.

I have a fair bit of networking experience, not too much though. But I will try what you suggested, thanks :)

м¢ℓσνιη

Or, look around for another ISP.

A reason it could be also is if (very unlikely but) you have exceed your download limit and you have been put back to a normal speed.

F. Malware

Onyx user!
What OS are you running by chance?
Lemme guess, windows? If so what version.

Tupac

Power member.
Torvalds said:
What OS are you running by chance?
Lemme guess, windows? If so what version.

Windows 7 64 bit 4 GB of RAM, but I mostly want to improve my connection for Xbox ;)

м¢ℓσνιη

It could be also that someone on WiFi is downloading or using it a lot that clogs up the bandwidth.

F. Malware

Onyx user!
Tupac said:
Windows 7 64 bit 4 GB of RAM, but I mostly want to improve my connection for Xbox ;)

Ah then upgrade your router and then go to the start menu, Network connections, then left click your ethernet for properties. Click on the configure button and go to the Link Speed & Duplex options. Adjust the settings in the value part to see which option produces the highest network speed. You can just use the Auto Detect part though. Then replace your Ethernet cable with a short, CAT6 cable. Shorter Ethernet cables can boost speed, and CAT6 cables are the most advanced type of network cables. Just move your modem closer to your xbox. Then connect your xbox directly to the source of your Internet, like your cable or DSL modem. That should then boost your speeds exponentially. And as Mclovin said, try to game when someone is offline.

Tupac

Power member.
Torvalds said:
Ah then upgrade your router and then go to the start menu, Network connections, then left click your ethernet for properties. Click on the configure button and go to the Link Speed & Duplex options. Adjust the settings in the value part to see which option produces the highest network speed. You can just use the Auto Detect part though. Then replace your Ethernet cable with a short, CAT6 cable. Shorter Ethernet cables can boost speed, and CAT6 cables are the most advanced type of network cables. Just move your modem closer to your xbox. Then connect your xbox directly to the source of your Internet, like your cable or DSL modem. That should then boost your speeds exponentially. And as Mclovin said, try to game when someone is offline.
Alright, I will defiantly try what you guys are suggesting :)

F. Malware

Onyx user!
mmk, just come back here and post if you need anything else.