• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

I'll help you with your build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrocide

User is banned.
Post these things at a minimum, and I'll see what I can do to help.

-How much do you want to spend?
-Purpose of the build (i.e gaming, graphical design/video editing, etc.)?

I am not an AMD fan, so do not ask me to help with those builds. If you have any other related questions, or advice you would like let me know.

Also note that these are my opinions for a build. Some other people have different opinions. One is usually not all right. I'm here to give advice from my perspective.

My computer specs/pictures if you were curious:

Without graphics card:
http://imgur.com/Mil4aM3

The setup (shitty photo quality):
http://imgur.com/5yi51L0

Specs:
-Case: Rosewill THOR V2 full gaming tower (black w/red led)
-Extra: NZXT Sentry Touch Screen Fan Controller
-Mouse: RAZER Naga
-Mouse Pad: Corsair Vengeance
-Keyboard: RAZER Deathstalker Ultimate
-Monitors: Two HP 2711x
-Graphics Card: ASUS GTX780 3GB
-Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 850W
-Ram: G. SKILL Ripjaws X Series (4x8GB - I want to note that this is major overkill, but it was buy 16GB get 16GB free. I think they were expecting me to give the other 16GB away as a gift. Eh, fuck all, haha.)
-Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
-Processor: Intel i7-3930K
-Processor cooler: Corsair H90
-Hard drive: Samsung SSD 256 GB + some other piece of shit 1TB for programs that don't need the speed boost.

I think that's everything. I'll update if I'm missing something.

UPDATE: Please pick out a case that you would like. Those are 100% personal preference, and I'd like for you to help with the building process.

People in line for computer building advice in order:
@Deuce

Nevermind

User is banned.
Budget: A flexible $800.
Purpose: Gaming and streaming.

Acrocide

User is banned.
Сhance said:
I want 32gb of ram i wish i could afford i just made a build thread do you mind checking it out
http://www.forumkorner.com/thread-172467.html

Made a note of what I think on your thread.

Leader said:
Budget: A flexible $800.
Purpose: Gaming and streaming.

I am going to help you build your system around an intel processor. Is that okay? If not let me know. What games to you intent on playing as well?

Horroh

Deuce said:
That setup though.
I have about 1500$ that I'm looking to spend on a setup right now, going to be doing a mix of live streaming games and some audio and video editing/recording on it.

Not trying to steal the show from @Acrocide, but you'll probably be looking at an i7 CPU, and at least a 760 GTX Nvidia card. Not gonna go into too much detail, just was gonna help since that's what I'm building currently.

Acrocide

User is banned.
Horroh said:
Not trying to steal the show from @Acrocide, but you'll probably be looking at an i7 CPU, and at least a 760 GTX Nvidia card. Not gonna go into too much detail, just was gonna help since that's what I'm building currently.

He knows his shit, haha. Yeah that's where I'm leaning.

Deuce said:
That setup though.
I have about 1500$ that I'm looking to spend on a setup right now, going to be doing a mix of live streaming games and some audio and video editing/recording on it.

I'll be available after work. I'm off work at 5, and I'll start helping with the build as soon as I finish the person above.

Thread has been updated. Please check out the update, and tell me what case you would prefer.

Deuce said:
That setup though.

Starting on your build now Deuce. Could you pick out a case you like?

@Deuce+. Sorry forgot to post with the @.

Particles

Power member.
Deuce said:
That setup though.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($326.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($139.50 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Dual Superclocked ACX Video Card ($339.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout with Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.34 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1465.75
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-30 10:59 EDT-0400)

I haven't included a soundcard (for your audio editing) as i'm not sure whether it's music audio or other audio you're dealing with.

But as a gaming/streaming/editing build, this is as good as I could make it in the spare 5 minutes I just had.

Reasons?

CPU - i7 for streaming and editing, more games MAY start support hyper-threading in the future = better gameplay
RAM - 16gb RAM @ 2400mhz for huge bandwidth for streaming and editing. A-Data are a great company for memory products. 16GB is plenty for streaming and editing. Only 8GB is recommended for video games. Also went with 2x8GB configuration if you wanted to upgrade more in the future.
Motherboard - Solid motherboard at a fantastic price with great overclocking potential
CPU Cooler - h100i AIO cooler, add some quiet edition Corsair SP120's and you'll have a silent and cool rig. and it lights up #swag
GPU - went with nVidia because of their Shadow Play and their Twitch Streaming support (which is getting updated soon to support webcam and more windows) GTX770 (basically a GTX 680 but faster and cheaper) is a solid 1080p graphics card, plays pretty much everything maxed out, there's a 4GB model if you want to multi-monitor or use higher resolution than 1080p. But then i'd advise on GTX 780 or 780TI for that.. you'll see big frame drops with GTX770 above 1080p :(
Case - Define R4 is beautiful, great airflow and extremely quiet. again, can add some more SP120 Corsair fans for enhanced performance.
SSD - for your budget you should be looking at an SSD so I chose the Samsung EVO 250GB as it's fantastic performance for it's price-point.
HDD - nice reliable Caviar Blue 1TB drive for your storage of p0rnz
Finally, the PSU, the G2 series has just been released by EVGA, uses the same basic innards as the Leadex Gold 750W, I believe, but improves upon it by using all-Japanese capacitors = reliability and long lasting. Basically, a fucking epic PSU, very efficient and built like a beast, 750 Watt will be enough for SLI in the future if you want to throw in a second GPU, gold rated as well so it doesn't let power go to waste. an amazing PSU for it's price, like srsly :3

Hope I helped.

Sorry to crash your thread @Acrocide

Acrocide

User is banned.
Heaven said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($326.98 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($92.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V2 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory ($139.50 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($149.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Dual Superclocked ACX Video Card ($339.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout with Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.34 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1465.75
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-30 10:59 EDT-0400)

I haven't included a soundcard (for your audio editing) as i'm not sure whether it's music audio or other audio you're dealing with.

But as a gaming/streaming/editing build, this is as good as I could make it in the spare 5 minutes I just had.

Reasons?

CPU - i7 for streaming and editing, more games MAY start support hyper-threading in the future = better gameplay
RAM - 16gb RAM @ 2400mhz for huge bandwidth for streaming and editing. A-Data are a great company for memory products. 16GB is plenty for streaming and editing. Only 8GB is recommended for video games. Also went with 2x8GB configuration if you wanted to upgrade more in the future.
Motherboard - Solid motherboard at a fantastic price with great overclocking potential
CPU Cooler - h100i AIO cooler, add some quiet edition Corsair SP120's and you'll have a silent and cool rig. and it lights up #swag
GPU - went with nVidia because of their Shadow Play and their Twitch Streaming support (which is getting updated soon to support webcam and more windows) GTX770 (basically a GTX 680 but faster and cheaper) is a solid 1080p graphics card, plays pretty much everything maxed out, there's a 4GB model if you want to multi-monitor or use higher resolution than 1080p. But then i'd advise on GTX 780 or 780TI for that.. you'll see big frame drops with GTX770 above 1080p :(
Case - Define R4 is beautiful, great airflow and extremely quiet. again, can add some more SP120 Corsair fans for enhanced performance.
SSD - for your budget you should be looking at an SSD so I chose the Samsung EVO 250GB as it's fantastic performance for it's price-point.
HDD - nice reliable Caviar Blue 1TB drive for your storage of p0rnz
Finally, the PSU, the G2 series has just been released by EVGA, uses the same basic innards as the Leadex Gold 750W, I believe, but improves upon it by using all-Japanese capacitors = reliability and long lasting. Basically, a fucking epic PSU, very efficient and built like a beast, 750 Watt will be enough for SLI in the future if you want to throw in a second GPU, gold rated as well so it doesn't let power go to waste. an amazing PSU for it's price, like srsly :3

Hope I helped.

Sorry to crash your thread @Acrocide

Crashing the thread man. Anyways, I have some similar stuff. Processor is the same. Everything else varies. Nice build though. I have his built with my ideas, but I was waiting for a response on a case.

Poison

Doses & Mimosas
@Acrocide don't let anyone tell you differently. You are the Original Poster, and whatever advice you put they will put in their recommendation hats.
I think the setup that you posted is pearl, as well as the budget is pretty decent as well for the build.
One day I will be looking into a home tower setup, and may go through you and @Deuce for some work and assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.