• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

IDC: Windows 8 users want Start menu and booting to desktop

м¢ℓσνιη

Neowin.net said:
0QCuWbK.png

It's been over four months since Microsoft launched Windows 8, and the evidence is growing that the newest version of the company's operating system is not gaining as many users as previous Windows versions. So what can Microsoft do to solve that problem?

Bob O'Donnell, an analyst for research firm IDC, says the firm's research has shown two things about people who have used Windows 8. One is they miss the Start menu in desktop mode, something which we have pointed out in the past. The other thing they miss is the ability to boot Windows 8 in desktop mode, bypassing the touchscreen oriented Start screen.

Read more.

Intelligent

User is banned.
Windows 8 isn't my favorite at all. I like how there trying to do something new but no start button pretty much ended the idea of ever getting Windows 8.

paul

User is banned.
No idea what the article is talking about. You can boot directly to the desktop and not the start metro screen. I will say the start button being removed is annoying but there's many programs that can fix that.

м¢ℓσνιη

Funny, when I heard about Windows 8 and how it was going to be for touch screens I was hoping to be very easy friendly, (no idea if it is, don't have it yet) but then you get users that have used saying they want the old version of Windows. Well if they do why not go back to Windows 7. Quite simple.

Art

User is banned.
I use to own Windows 8, but I absolutely hated it. I'm a PC gamer and Windows 8 is so inconvenient; I just torrented Windows 7.