• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

"I HATE AMERICA" Says American Pop Star Ariana Grande

Zeller

Onyx user!
"Pop star Ariana Grande has apologised after she was caught on camera in a California doughnut shop saying: "I hate America." The Problem singer also allegedly spat on and licked the sugary treats while employees were not looking last Saturday night. Surveillance video captured the 22-year-old canoodling with a man at the counter before a staff member brought out a tray-full of doughnuts. The former Nickelodeon starlet turns to the snacks and says: "What the f*** is that? I hate Americans. I hate America."

tmz-1-960x720.jpg

Amid a mounting backlash, she issued a statement on Wednesday suggesting the rant was triggered by her exasperation with the US obesity rate. "I am EXTREMELY proud to be an American and I've always made it clear that I love my county (sic)," said Florida-born Grande, who is of Italian descent. "What I said in a private moment with my friend, who was buying the donuts, was taken out of context and I am sorry for not using more discretion with my choice of words. "As an advocate for healthy eating, food is very important to me and I sometimes get upset by how freely we as Americans eat and consume things without giving any thought to the consequences that it has on our health and society as a whole." The incident happened in the city of Lake Elsinore on 4 July and the footage surfaced on the celebrity news website TMZ on Tuesday.

Police said they and Riverside County public health officials were investigating the leaked video. Joe Marin, who owns 24-hour Wolfee Donuts, told Sky News he reviewed the shop's surveillance tape after an employee told him a famous singer had visited the night before. He said he was aghast to see Grande lick two doughnuts with frosting and sprinkles and then spit on a powdered doughnut. Her male companion also spat on a doughnut, according to Mr Marin. Grande and the man were apparently daring each other to tamper with the food, he said. "(It was) gross," he said. "I was mad. I was so angry. I was more concerned about the customers as I don't know who bought those doughnuts." The Mexican-born businessman, who holds US citizenship, said he was also irked by her unpatriotic tirade. "When I heard her say that comment it really got to me," he said. "It was really disrespectful to her fans. They buy her records and music and make her successful."

Mr Marin said he had passed the video to Lake Elsinore Police, who did not immediately return a request for comment. Grande also announced on Wednesday that she would not perform at a free gig this Saturday in Cincinatti, Ohio. She blamed a recent wisdom tooth removal for her cancellation at the MLB All-Star Concert. Demi Lovato will perform instead."

http://news.sky.com/story/1515586/ariana-grande-filmed-saying-i-hate-america

Monster

User is banned.
@Grande just got wrekt his girl Italian fake hates us americanos

Gen

User is banned.
@Grande FUCKING REKT, BAERIANA H8S fat people

MCG

Lol I hope people start seeing her differently now. She clearly thinks she's better than most people.

God

Well... She tweeted out a few things a few days ago explaining her way out of this situation, she told her Twitter followers that she would never hate the country she lives in and she was sorry to everyone who thought she had said that. That's what I gained from the 2 page of screenshots she'd posted on Twitter.

coltie2

Ex-Staff
This entire topic is stupid. It's no different than if I turned to my best friend and said dude fuck the world. I could be kidding, I could not be kidding. But in the end it isn't a national topic. I don't care who you are.

I mean she did spit on donuts..that isn't good for rep. But common she should have her privacy.

Fiending

User is banned.
She's beginning her "im not a disney girl anymore" stage. Lookin like Miley.

Cred

@zeller I'm sorry about my rude comment on your old news reports . Keep up the work.

Ot: I saw this on tmz, they just views and attention by exposing famous people for small shit. She was obviously joking with her friend.