• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to make samp maps

Vipul

Here is the tutorial on how to make maps:

1. Download MTA application. Here is the link to download. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mtasa.com">http://www.mtasa.com</a>
2. Install it nicely and open it.
3. Click on Map editor at the menu.
4. When it open, click on F to toggle between create mode or menu mode
5. Menu Mode: In this mode, there are various options at the above of the screen like new, open, save, save as, locations, definations etc.
A.) New - To open new map file
B.) Open - To open your saved map
C.) Save - To save you map when you are done
D.) Save as - To save again with new name
E.) Locations - To goto any locations you saved.
How to save location:
I.] Goto the location by which you wanna save
II.] Click on locations then click on Dump current location then Add it.
III.) It will be saved. then anytime you start mta and want to goto your location. you can go by this method.
F.) Current Elements: All that objects used in the map will be saved here so you can manage them by clicking on current elements
G.) Definations: To add or remove definations like tdm, races, interiors, rcg, deathmatch etc then click on definations

There are few other options such as undo, redo, setting, options and Test

6. Create Mode: Press F again toggle to create mode from menu mode. After that you can move around and place object in map nicely. Press F again to go in menu mode and see down left of the screen. you will see four options there - Marker, Objects, Pickup & Vehicles
7. Click on objects to explore different object used for making maps. Select any object that you think its good for map and place it in map nicely. After placing the object in map, double click on it. you will see a dialog box opening. There will be some degrees like position x y z and rotation x y z. Change them according to you to make it perfect
8. Click on vehicles option to add vehicles in map. select vehicle and place it in map nicely. [Note: Not more than 20 vehicles in one map and leave the space between vehicles so it will not bug.]
9. Make a nice and awesome map, Give a name to map and save it
10. Where the maps get saved? : Goto Mycomputer/Programfiles/mtasanandreas/server/mods/deathmatch/resources/YourMapName which you gave while saving
11. So A folder will be created with the name of your map. Open that folder and see in - there will be 2 files. Send that two files to your server's manager and done

Vipul

yes it is for samp
Np
I hope this will help you

RuleBreaker

i just tried this and it`s not too hard but i need to spend a lot of time doing this
and i dont see point XD
but thank you anyway ;)

Vipul

Hmm About which point you are talking?
Quote that part from tutorial please and thnx

CrossFires

So I'l ask again, can I make cities with that program or no? :D Like Los Santos, etc.

RuleBreaker

So I'l ask again, can I make cities with that program or no? :D Like Los Santos, etc.

you start making map in town :p
so with this program, no
but i think you can edit them
e.g. add more houses and that stuffs

Vipul

Hmm I think we can make
I mean I know we can make
but you need to be Super Pro in it
You can make replica of los santos on water
It will surely take time
There are all the objects available in mta program
You can make you dream small city
Hmm For ex: like 1/4 of los santos but no server will accept this map because it will lag their server and will be useless But
You can use in single player gta san andreas for fun
Dont forget, san andreas is a customizable game. We can do anything including scripts too

CrossFires

hm you say it would lag, but why default cities not laging?

tehexmen

hm you say it would lag, but why default cities not laging?

I think it's not lagging because it's solid (one piece) not from thousands of seperate objects.

Vipul

Because a seperate city will contain more than 3000 objects
Samp said in their forum that If we make map more than 400 object then it will lagg your server
Once I made 600 object map and I used in my server, it was lagging + object were not spawning
I learned from that mistake and now I make maximum 380 object maps