• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to keep your website safe!

JeterFan428

6. Choose a reliable host - Choose a that is well known and has a good reputation. Make sure your host has a firewall and Ddos protection. The best types of hosts have 24/7 support in case you ever need it. You may need to do some research to find a good host.
Written by JeterFan428 - TheDiscussionZone.com
5. Never give your password to anybody - Well, this one is almost common sense, but you would be surprised as to how many people give out their password to other people that are going to "help them". IF you are going to give your password out, only give it out to people you know in real life. Or better yet, you could tell the person that is going to help you, to do it over Teamviewer on your computer. So if they try to do anything that you don't like, you can just stop Teamviewer.
4. Don't give anyone FTP/Cpanel access - Don't give anyone FTP access or Cpanel access EVER, unless they are a co-owner of your site. The FTP and cpanel can contain very sensitive information including, credit card numbers, passwords, etc.
3. Have a strong password - This kind of goes along with not telling anybody your password. The longer and more complex your password is (don't forget your password) the more secure your site is.
2. Keep your virus protection up to date - Don't download any suspicious, or untrusted programs on your computer that you use to login to your website unless you do multiple virus scans first. 1 click on a program can lead to your website information and password being sent to multiple places on the web.
1. Change your password regularly - If you change your password regularly your site is safer and less likely to be hacked. Even strong passwords can be cracked. I usually change my password about once a month. As long as you follow the other tips in this thread, you might not need to do this as often as I do, but I always think it's better to be safe than sorry.

Written by JeterFan428 for TheDiscussionZone.com

Feel free to post this on other websites as long as you give credits.