• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to get better Grades?

HUNNID

User is banned.
So basically I just want to state that I am a Sophomore in Highschool and I currently go to a Private School. My GPA is probably around a 2.6-2.9 I mostly get C's-B-'s. I want to go to a decent college and try to get my GPA up to around a 3.0. The problem is that I am just not motivated to study. In middle school I would go extremely hard coming home studying every night and getting mostly B's with a C+ here and there. But when I get into Highschool I said I would just take a break Freshman year and see what happens. And I basically just fucked up. I really fucked up. I want to get a Higher GPA and make my parents proud so I am looking for some tips on how to study/get more motivated to get better grades. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

P.S. Also note that since I got into Highschool I have been playing Varsity Hockey and Lacrosse since Freshman year so I don't get home till around 5-6 and by then I am just beat. So I need something in order to motivate myself.

**-Some of the things that I have started to do in order to get better grades/improve is meet with some teachers on a weekly basis and I am going to put some more time into studying.**

Megaman

Onyx user!
May I ask, do you do your homework? By this I mean frequently, and at home putting actual effort in what your doing. If not, you need to start doing this again, although homework seems stupid and useless ( I fall under the category of hating homework and resent doing it every day ) , it is an amazing way to refresh your brain of what you did during the school day, and will make an easier time whenever you're trying to study and when taking tests. Don't do more than you're able to do, you're just going to burn yourself out very fast and end up farther from succeeding then where you are now.

Difficult

User is banned.
Be chill and hit bills, the meaning of life by Difficult.

HUNNID

User is banned.
Megaman said:
May I ask, do you do your homework? By this I mean frequently, and at home putting actual effort in what your doing. If not, you need to start doing this again, although homework seems stupid and useless ( I fall under the category of hating homework and resent doing it every day ) , it is an amazing way to refresh your brain of what you did during the school day, and will make an easier time whenever you're trying to study and when taking tests. Don't do more than you're able to do, you're just going to burn yourself out very fast and end up farther from succeeding then where you are now.

I mean I hate doing homework but not really I guess. I'll start doing it today! I just want to get some motivation or something in order to be able to achieve good grades and get my GPA up. But thanks for the advice and help!

Nevermind

User is banned.
You have to put effort into it. Otherwise, you won't go anywhere. Take it seriously, because if you don't, you going to have a hard time in the future. It's a hard thing to do, but what you really have to do is learn to care about school.

HUNNID

User is banned.
Leader said:
You have to put effort into it. Otherwise, you won't go anywhere. Take it seriously, because if you don't, you going to have a hard time in the future. It's a hard thing to do, but what you really have to do is learn to care about school.

Thanks for the help Leader!
*Please enter a message longer than 25 characters.

Watermellon

Just pay attention like don't go to the bathroom, don't talk to friends, just look at the board.

BasedGod

User is banned.
Watermellon said:
Just pay attention like don't go to the bathroom, don't talk to friends, just look at the board.

^ this reply smh that'll make school more boring than it is.

Just do your shit right the first time and try not to procrastinate so much if you do. You could always get tutoring if you needed it.

WarAndPeace

Spend an hour minimum studying a day per class, that's how it goes for college (except multiply that by 3 for Calc, Discrete Math, or hard science classes).

HUNNID

User is banned.
WarAndPeace said:
Spend an hour minimum studying a day per class, that's how it goes for college (except multiply that by 3 for Calc, Discrete Math, or hard science classes).

See thats the problem I dont have 6 hours to study after I come home from Sports at around 5 to 7 and then complete homework for 2 hours then study for 6 lol.

WarAndPeace

xSlatzy said:
See thats the problem I dont have 6 hours to study after I come home from Sports at around 5 to 7 and then complete homework for 2 hours then study for 6 lol.

Hmm. What are your strong subjects and weak ones?

Beats

Power member.
It's really simple. Get money fuck bitches.

Grades will dramatically increase.

Sinthetta

User is banned.
I'm in the exact same boat as you.

Just make sure you do your homework very well. That's what I do, then I can not study and pull C's on a test or something and still get a B on my report card. Also put time and effort in projects.

Really just put time in stuff that is easy to get A's in (e.g. projects, homework because you can use Google and you have lots of resources to your advantage)

Then when it comes time to take the test. Know most of it because you don't want to get an F, but if you pull a D or C you should still be okay because of your homework and projects. Also participate in class because you can be more prepared for the test, and you can get Class Participation points.

good luck. i don't want to tell you the bs "meet with your teachers" because that is boring and doesn't help me.

Hollywood

Cheat like a muafucka. Well that's what I do lol. But yeah if you really want to get good grades then study super hard. And you might have to take breaks from FK lol.