• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to get Any Image from iStockphoto.com for FREE!

Mxlitary

ibvOAcwdO1pJt.png

Okay, this tutorial will teach you how to get any image from iStockphoto for free. This will basically take off any watermark on any of their images. This is not any type of photo editing. This is a glitch I found on their website.

This can be very useful to anyone who wants to get a graphic resource from their website, so that is why I am sharing this method.

Requirements
  • Google Chrome or Firefox
The Steps
  1. For this tutorial, we are just going to use this random image I found: http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-12191231-soccerball-in-stadium.php?st=9d077cc
  2. Now, the first thing that you are going to want to do is right click the image, you will want to select: “Copy Image URL” if you are using Google Chrome or “Copy Image Location” if you are using Firefox.
  3. Now, open a new tab and paste the URL you copied. Press the “Enter” key. You should now see the image by itself on a blank page, and the URL should look something like this:
    54beb.png

4. Now, see where the two is? (I circled it) Deleted everything up to the “/” symbol behind the “2”. Your URL should now look something like this:
    485b6.png

5. Press the “Enter” key, and you should now see the image without a watermark. :)

Ewan

User is banned.
You sir are a legend :D

Thankyou so much, it works!

Is there any way to make it higher res?

GFX

works, thanks for posting this

any way of getting a bigger and higher quality image though?

Mxlitary

Currently, I have not found a way to make them bigger, sorry. :/

But, it's still better than paying $50 for the actual image. lol

Ewan

User is banned.
LOL yeah, it' still be good if your using them as a small background image for something.

There might be a way.

Can you view the image anywhere larger at all on the site? With the watermark?

Mxlitary

Ewan said:
LOL yeah, it' still be good if your using them as a small background image for something.

There might be a way.

Can you view the image anywhere larger at all on the site? With the watermark?

Yeah, but I think all of the images that are bought are hosting on another server like Mediafire does it, so I don't think we'll be able to get to them easily.

Poe

User is banned.
Damn man, thanks so much.. vouch 10000000x

Mango

User is banned.
femmi said:
i can't find the "/" or the "2" to complete the process

Hi new member, this post is from 4 years ago. Make sure you look at the top left corner for that date