• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to change your IP in less than 1 minute

Bulbasir

1. Click on "Start" in the bottom left hand corner of screen
2. Click on "Run"
3. Type in "command" and hit ok

You should now be at an MSDOS prompt screen.

4. Type "ipconfig /release" just like that, and hit "enter"
5. Type "exit" and leave the prompt
6. Right-click on "Network Places" or "My Network Places" on your desktop.
7. Click on "properties"

You should now be on a screen with something titled "Local Area Connection", or something close to that, and, if you have a network hooked up, all of your other networks.

8. Right click on "Local Area Connection" and click "properties"
9. Double-click on the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" from the list under the "General" tab
10. Click on "Use the following IP address" under the "General" tab
11. Create an IP address (It doesn't matter what it is. I just type 1 and 2 until i fill the area up).
12. Press "Tab" and it should automatically fill in the "Subnet Mask" section with default numbers.
13. Hit the "Ok" button here
14. Hit the "Ok" button again

You should now be back to the "Local Area Connection" screen.

15. Right-click back on "Local Area Connection" and go to properties again.
16. Go back to the "TCP/IP" settings
17. This time, select "Obtain an IP address automatically"
tongue.gif 18. Hit "Ok"
19. Hit "Ok" again
20. You now have a new IP address

This is in no way a private method, this is well know, I'm simply sharing a detailed tutorial on how to do this.

aMbition

User is banned.
Thanks for the info Bulbasir This might come in handy one day :)

Doctor

User is banned.
By doing this, does it change your internet speed at all?

or even change anything AT ALL?

Bulbasir

Doctor said:
By doing this, does it change your internet speed at all?

or even change anything AT ALL?
If people be hittin u offlin dawktor

Hubs

this only changes your gateway IP, not your real IP Address.

iKonroi

User is banned.
Nice copy and pasted topic. You have no fucking clue how networking works to any level. You're the biggest fucking idiot. Also that is not your external IP address.

ONLY WAY TO CHANGE YOUR IP:
If you have a static IP you're not going to be able to do this
If your IP is dynamic then goto CMD and type ipconfig/ all look for default gateway
For me it's 192.168.1.1 go there and it will bring up your router configuration (You must know the login info)
Login then look for mac address, if you find it then you will see a long value of numbers and letters. Change one value from range 1-10 A-G then save and unplug your modem for 30 seconds then re-power it. You're good to go!

You just cloned your mac address so when you reboot your modem it must re-assign the server you're are on.

Bulbasir

iKonroi said:
Nice copy and pasted topic. You have no fucking clue how networking works to any level. You're the biggest fucking idiot. Also that is not your external IP address.

ONLY WAY TO CHANGE YOUR IP:
If you have a static IP you're not going to be able to do this
If your IP is dynamic then goto CMD and type ipconfig/ all look for default gateway
For me it's 192.168.1.1 go there and it will bring up your router configuration (You must know the login info)
Login then look for mac address, if you find it then you will see a long value of numbers and letters. Change one value from range 1-10 A-G then save and unplug your modem for 30 seconds then re-power it. You're good to go!

You just cloned your mac address so when you reboot your modem it must re-assign the server you're are on.
Calm down kon the roi,
This is in no way a private method, this is well know, I'm simply sharing a detailed tutorial on how to do this.

Captain

User is banned.
It all depends if you have a static or dynamic ip. If you have dynamic you will have to call your internet provider to change your whole ip address. This method may work for static.

My facts could be mixed up. Incase i look like an idiot put my safety net :p