• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How to access BIOS on HP Pro?

MCG

I recently got a HP Pro and I want to change the dedicated video RAM through the BIOS.

I boot on the PC and tap F10 and it doesn't take me straight to the BIOS it takes me to a utility menu.

If I press ESC it brings me to a startup menu.

I'm not sure how to access the BIOS on it, please help.

Thanks

Stentrion

User is banned.
USB Keyboard doesn't allow you to use ESC for BIOS, it's for entering the Boot Menu. You need a PS2 Keyboard to use the escape button for entering Boot Menu BTW.

To access the Computer Setup Utilities menu, complete the following steps:

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
2. As soon as the computer is turned on, press F10 before the system boots to the operating system to enter Computer Setup. Press Enter to bypass the title screen, if necessary.
NOTE: If you do not press F10 at the appropriate time, you must restart the computer and again
press F10 before the unit boots to the operating system to access the utility.
3. You will not see the BIOS setup screens.

MCG

Stentrion said:
USB Keyboard doesn't allow you to use ESC for BIOS, it's for entering the Boot Menu. You need a PS2 Keyboard to use the escape button for entering Boot Menu BTW.

To access the Computer Setup Utilities menu, complete the following steps:

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
2. As soon as the computer is turned on, press F10 before the system boots to the operating system to enter Computer Setup. Press Enter to bypass the title screen, if necessary.
NOTE: If you do not press F10 at the appropriate time, you must restart the computer and again
press F10 before the unit boots to the operating system to access the utility.
3. You will not see the BIOS setup screens.
Damn well I only have a USB Keyboard so that sucks :/

Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks