• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

How good?

Chronos

User is banned.
Got this for like $60, so I already know it's a good deal. The laptop itself retails for 800-900, but how is it parts wise.

Manufacturer Toshiba
Model Satellite P855-S5200
CPU Intel Core i7-3610QM (2.3GHz, 3.3GHz Turbo) Processor
Motherboard Mobile Intel®HM76 Chipset
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Memory
Graphics Intel HD 4000 Integrated
Storage Toshiba 750GB 5400RPM HDD
Optical Drive TSST DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer)
Display 15.6″ 1366×768 LED Backlit Display
Sound Harman/Kardon Stereo Speakers
Networking Built-in 10/100 Mbps + Wireless b/g/n + WiDi Capable
Keyboard Built-in Keyboard
Mouse Built-in Multi-gesture Touchpad
Battery 6 Cell Li-Ion Polymer Battery (48Wh)
Webcam Built-in 1.3 Mega Pixel Webcam
I/O HDMI, 4x USB 3.0, Ethernet, Multi-card Reader, 3.5mm Headphone/Microphone Jack, Kensington Lock, VGA, SD Card Slot
Operating System Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition) SP1
Dimensions 13.15″ x 9.25″ x ~0.704″ (344mm x 235mm x 17.9mm)
Weight 5.4 lbs
Warranty 1-Year Parts and Labor, 1 Year Battery

I'll honestly just be doing some small gaming on it, nothing crazy.

Chronos

User is banned.
Diam♦nd said:
You won't be able to game much on it. Minecraft is about it, on like Normal settings.

On a laptop with 6 gigs ram and 2.3 dual core AMD I was able to play some games with decent graphics. I think I'll honestly be able to do a bit more than Minecraft.

Watch

User is banned.
Chronos said:
On a laptop with 6 gigs ram and 2.3 dual core AMD I was able to play some games with decent graphics. I think I'll honestly be able to do a bit more than Minecraft.

...It has an intel 4000.

Ram, and CPU has basically no improvements in games.

Painkiller

User is banned.
Chronos said:

RAM does not affect your gaming experience unless you have like 256MB of RAM. CPU matters a little bit but won't do much. Your graphics card will make the difference and since your Intel 4000 is an integrated chip you won't really do any better than some decent Minecraft frames imo

Damian

Power member.
It's not bad, but you're not going to be playing anything too fancy like you'd expect.
My old Dell laptop has similar specifications to this and it had trouble playing Minecraft on fancy..

Chronos

User is banned.
Pride said:
It's not bad, but you're not going to be playing anything too fancy like you'd expect.
My old Dell laptop has similar specifications to this and it had trouble playing Minecraft on fancy..

All I do is play emulators and small indie games, not heavy requirement games like AAA titles. I tried out the dolphin emulator yesterday, ran Wind Waker at a constant 30 FPS with no lag, so I'm good with it.