• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Highschool was all for nothing?

dagger

So I am a senior in highschool, it is coming down to the last couple months of my entire highschool career. My grades are fine passing everything, shit is looking good, atleast I thought it was. Well every year mostly the first couple years of highschool you had to take these test towards the end of the year called a SOL, it pretty much sums up the hole course and you have to pass it to get the credit for the class, well even if you fail the test you can still pass the class and move on. And that is what happened to me. I failed my Geometry SOL way back in my first year of highschool. That being said I still moved on and completed all my classes passed all my other SOL test year and year again. Well now that I'm about to graduate I get told that hey, well everything looks good you have everything you need to graduate except.... This one geometry SOL credit. So what do I do, it has been 3-4 years since I have done any geometry I have forgot all the formulas it will take me a hole course of geometry to learn it all again, and all I have is a couple months left of highschool. How can they keep me from graduation over 1 test credit even though I passed the class, I get it, it's a state required test and all but come on... Really, so I'm lost on what to do. I wish life was much more simple haha, thanks for reading, comment below if you like!

NoTez

Onyx user!
That's indeed very mean. I still recommend you practice the geometry and 'get over it'. When you'll be done, you'll feel very good. Geometry is shit though.

Random

Just go on a study time for the next couple of weeks or however long you have.

Stigma

Onyx user!
i live in canada and we need 30 credits to graduate (dont know if its the same amount in the US) but my guidance counsellor just said that i'm 29/30.. i'm in grade 12 right now and they told me i can do this thing called Independent Study where you do 4 booklets on any course you want and its equivalent to 1 credit. This method is only for people who need 1-2 credits to graduate. i have no idea how i have 29/30 they told me something happened when they made my timetable during 1st semester. Now i gotta finish 4 booklets before May smh.

dagger

Random said:
Just go on a study time for the next couple of weeks or however long you have.

Yea but even with the extra help I just feel like it's not enough time to learn everything again and pass.

Greed

Power member.
You've already gone through the course once, so it'll be much, much easier to learn it again. It helps a lot that Geometry is not only fairly easy, but also used in other math courses that you have probably taken more recently in High School, which should help a little and make the information you are going to have to review a bit easier to learn.

Sharon

Just do what you need to do to graduation - life after high school is what matters any way. You won't remember at least half of the things that were "taught" to you and the whole learning process never truly stops. Good luck!

Careless

User is banned.
At my school they allow you to take the test until you pass it i believe twice a year.. you might be able to still take it in the summer but you would graduate late i believe

Personal

User is banned.
Since you're older and took it before and have other knowledge I think Geometry would be easy u can take an online version and that is way faster/easier in my opinion

dagger

Hey so by my graduation date I have to pass either the geometry test or the algebra 1 test to graduate. I do not have to pass both just one.

Here is a link to what the algebra 1 sol will be like.
http://www.doe.virginia.gov/testing/sol/released_tests/2009/test09_eoc_algebra1_reduced.pdf

And here is the example test for geometry.
http://www.doe.virginia.gov/testing/sol/released_tests/2013/geometry_released_in_spring_2014.pdf

Which one can any of you guys help me learn the fastest because I have to pass this test by late May. And will probably only get administerd these 2 test maybe 2 times each at the max before my graduation date. Get back to me thanks!

dagger

I just wanted to say that I actually did pass this test, I took it Friday and passed, i am so happy. I get to graduate on time in a couple of days and move on with my life, it came down to the very last second but i pulled it off!