• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Hide Attachments Until Reply

OliverE

Power member.
Only subscribers can request support for this plugin

Plugin Name: Hide Attachments Until Reply
Plugin Author: BleepyEvans
Plugin Website: http://www.cybertechforums.com
Plugin Version: 1.1
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.6x
Plugin Lang Compatible: No
Plugin File Edits: none
Plugin File Uploads: 1
Plugin Description: Hide Attachments to users in specific groups. Includes White list.

Installation
  1. Upload contents of the Upload folder to your forum root.
  2. Install & Activate the plugin from the plugins menu in your AdminCP
  3. Apply plugin settings AdminCP > Confiuration > Hide Attachments Until Reply
Demo
http://cybertechforums.com

Screenshots
[attachment=194][attachment=195]

License[/u]]
CyberTechForums Software Commercial License version 1.0
=================================

The Software that accompanies this licence is the property of Oliver Evans and is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties. Oliver Evans continues to own the Software and you will be entitled to use the Software in certain ways after your acceptance of this
licence. Your right to use the Software will be within the limits set forth in this license and applicable law.

Except as may be modified by a licence addendum which accompanies this licence, your rights and obligations with respect to the use of this Software are as follows:

YOU MAY:
(i)install and use the Software under the provisions of
this licence.
(ii)modify the code for use on any domains you own

While Oliver Evans is and will be the owner and copyright holder of the Oliver Evans source code, amendments and new coding will be the property of the originating party.

YOU MAY NOT:
(i)modified software may not be distributed under any of the product names of Oliver Evans, unless otherwise is agreed upon.
(ii)rebrand the Software for resale or any other purpose.
(iii)licence and resell the Software and/or amendments, modifications and new components.
(iv)install more than 1 copy on a single domain per license owned
(v)transfer through sale this license to a new holder

DISCLAIMER OF DAMAGES:
In no event will Oliver Evans or any contributors or partners of Oliver Evans be liable to you for any special, consequential, indirect or similar damages, including any lost profits or lost data arising from the use or inability to use the Software. The Software comes with no warranty.

GENERAL:
The laws of The United Kingdom and International Laws will govern this Agreement. This Agreement may only be modified by a written document that has been signed by Oliver Evans.

Change Log
1.1 - Added Inline Attachment Support - Reinstall Required

Download[attachment=198]

Factor8™

Very cool! I can honestly say I didn't think you were that experienced with PHP, nice work!

OliverE

Power member.
I will find a way to make what I require ;)
Got a slight issue with it though at the moment, attachments that are inserted into the post using the 'insert into post' button are not blocked.
Im currently investigating the issue.

SGT.Code

maybe have it block the download link until people have replied to it?

OliverE

Power member.
Yes thats the point of the plugin, but its the how to do it when the download link is inline with the post and not external like most attachments ;)

SGT.Code

yer well i know nothing about this but if its an atatchment then people are downloading from the CTF database right?
so why not just look at all the trafic on the download lines and block them if there is no reply?

OliverE

Power member.
Its easier said than done.
Its like saying, part the red sea. All you have to do is stand on a rock and try to push the sea away with your hands xD

At the moment, if the user is in the group that the admin chooses, isnt in the white list, and isnt the post creator then the attachment variable is replaced with the error message, but the attachment variable only applies to attachments not inserted into the post.
[hide=100]
Here is an example post I made;
External (plugin works fine): http://bleepyevans.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=308
Inline (plugin doesnt work): http://bleepyevans.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=309
[/hide]
Ive had a few plugin developers on the case, they have tried to make new code but it either doesnt work or improve on what I already have.

SGT.Code

ok well im out of ideas tbh so i'l just let the pros handle it