• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Help

Deany

Ok so i need to confirm something

my laptop charger, right?

Alright so it won't charge unless I wiggle it a little, like the cord or whatever.
Keep in mind, I had this charger since 07.

Do I need to buy a replacement and it will be all good? Wat do? Pls halp
ty

anyone else had this problem also with their charger/laptop adapter?

Fedora

Yea Just buy a replacement, sounds like the cord is getting worn out,
I literally just bought a new charger a couple days ago because I had to wiggle it in and mess around with it.

Jupi

rebel
The nose might be a little loose, especially after 8 years. Take it to a store like best buy, ask to try one of their chargers. If it still has trouble charging then it is your laptop not the charger.

Deany

Fedoras said:
Yea Just buy a replacement, sounds like the cord is getting worn out,
I literally just bought a new charger a couple days ago because I had to wiggle it in and mess around with it.
Lol it lasted 8 years that charger is pretty fucking strong 

Space said:
The nose might be a little loose, especially after 8 years. Take it to a store like best buy, ask to try one of their chargers. If it still has trouble charging then it is your laptop not the charger.
Already ordered a replacement. Now the waiting game -_-

Jupi

rebel
Emp said:
Lol it lasted 8 years that charger is pretty fucking strong 

Already ordered a replacement now the waiting game -_-

I think it would have been better to go to best buy first lol.. You might be waiting on nothing, but best of luck and hopefully it is just the charger

Deany

Space said:
I think it would have been better to go to best buy first lol.. You might be waiting on nothing, but best of luck and hopefully it is just the charger

99.9% sure it's the adapter cord, like Fedoras said he had the same issue. 

Exist

Formerly @Trap
It could be a couple things. The port for your charger in your computer is wonky and slightly broken inside, or it's the charger. With how old you stated the charger was, I'm going to assume you need a new one. Make sure it's got the same milliamps and same wattage and all of that. Don't ever buy "universal chargers". I'd go and buy the direct manufacturer charger.

Good luck.

Gentlemen

Onyx user!
I have the same problem with my other laptop. In my experience, it's the charging port that is messed up, not the actual cable, but I wish you luck and only hope it's the actually charger that needed to be fixed.

Deany

Trap said:
It could be a couple things. The port for your charger in your computer is wonky and slightly broken inside, or it's the charger. With how old you stated the charger was, I'm going to assume you need a new one. Make sure it's got the same milliamps and same wattage and all of that. Don't ever buy "universal chargers". I'd go and buy the direct manufacturer charger.

Good luck.
Definitely not the port, I have a hunch it's the adapter cord itself. Weak from all these years of usage. And yeah, I only buy OEM. Fuck aftermarket/3rd party shit. I don't trust.

Jupi

rebel
Emp said:
Definitely not the port, I have a hunch it's the adapter cord itself. Weak from all these years of usage. And yeah, I only buy OEM. Fuck aftermarket/3rd party shit. I don't trust.

Amen, fucked my beautiful galaxy S5 a month later after purchase due to third party chargers. Had to drop another 640 to buy another, smh

Color

Just purchase a replacement. Cords don't last for shit. 8 years is damn good. Haha.

Yui

Just order a replacement, I can't bear to think of not being able to talk because of your charger screwing you over, oh the pain!

Deany

Konata said:
Just order a replacement, I can't bear to think of not being able to talk because of your charger screwing you over, oh the pain!

while i'm absent i am sending meow on all fronts! he is in charge 

Hurt

Last year I had to buy a new MacBook charger off eBay because my MacBook is a 2007 Model and Apple doesn't carry the charger anymore. It completely stopped charging my MacBook so it was useless to me, and the new one took 2 months to get to me. I'm just glad my MacBook wasn't my main computer because I couldn't use it for 2 months while I waited for the new charger, so I assume your charger has just gone aswell. I hope your new charger works well for you!

Deany

Totodile said:
Last year I had to buy a new MacBook charger off eBay because my MacBook is a 2007 Model and Apple doesn't carry the charger anymore. It completely stopped charging my MacBook so it was useless to me, and the new one took 2 months to get to me. I'm just glad my MacBook wasn't my main computer because I couldn't use it for 2 months while I waited for the new charger, so I assume your charger has just gone aswell. I hope your new charger works well for you!
It took 2 months to send a charger? What the fuck kinda post were they using?! 

Hurt

Emp said:
It took 2 months to send a charger? What the fuck kinda post were they using?! 

No clue, but they said the charger was an "Official Apple Product" and the pictures included showed an Apple logo on the charger but when I got it, it was not. It has no logo on it, and is clearly a 3rd Party product. I'm not mad though, it wasn't expensive and it charges my MacBook so it's all good! I just want to know why the fuck it took 2 Months to get it. It shipped from the US, I forget where exactly but it wasn't far from me (Southern Ontario) so I have no idea why it took that long.

Yui

Emp said:
while i'm absent i am sending meow on all fronts! he is in charge 
@[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]ᵐᵉᵒʷ[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] you heard Empai, be a good leader![/font]