• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Google unveils Android 4.1, called Jelly Bean

м¢ℓσνιη

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bimrfHVfqCg[/video]

PC Pro said:
Google has unveiled Android 4.1, its next mobile OS - better known as Jelly Bean.

The OS will be available on selected handsets and open-sourced in mid-July, with the SDK released today.
The OS includes what Google calls "Project Butter" - a new system which boosts performance, offering "buttery smooth" rendering and faster buffering. It improves responsiveness by guessing where a user will touch the screen, and immediately ramping the CPU when the screen is touched.

A version of Google's voice dictation system now works offline, so users can "talk to type" without access to the cloud-based system.
The NFC system, Android Beam, now allows photos or videos to be transferred, or devices to be paired to Bluetooth gadgets, simply by tapping phones.

Other "delightful" improvements include tweaks to the dictionary so it better learns words over time and predicts words before you type. A refreshed home screen makes it easier to personalise: drag a widget onto the screen, and other shortcut icons arrange around it, or the widget shrinks to fit.
Google said Android had gained 100m activations at this time last year, and now hit the 400m milestone, with one million device activations daily.

Read more: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/375538/google-unveils-android-4-1-called-jelly-bean#ixzz1z1IUsYFS

F. Malware

Onyx user!
The previous software was quite shitty, you where lucky not to get fucked over. They had a massive bug that killed the android.process.acore and other google processes on boot, thus making the tablet inoperable. This has happened to me a couple times with my tablet shipments. Sadly you couldn't flash, root, nor factory restore the tablet since the OS was inoperable. I even tried hooking it up to the comp and fucking with it, no clear format was made, it simply just reworked itself into the original problem.

м¢ℓσνιη

Currently I don't have a tablet. Was thinking about it when I read this.

F. Malware

Onyx user!
They are quite fun tbh, I love mine. Best bet is to get a warranty though, always get warranties. I buy tablets of ebay and still get the buyer warranty for like 7$. Tablets are fucking badass but they WILL fuck up sooner or later, although I have yet to test any ipads. They seem like a fat waste of money to me, You can hack a tablet to do anything an ipad can. And on top of that you can spend maybe 70-150$ on a tablet with the same features and video, image, and reader support.