• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Getting into graphics

Fang

User is banned.
Well as the title states, I'm kind of interested in starting graphics. Only problem is, I really don't know where to begin :p So I was wondering, does anyone have any tutorials on how to begin or suggestions on what program I should use? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Astro

User is banned.
YouTube is your friend.
Just start with installing photoshop for now, then you can progress into other software.

Fang

User is banned.
Astro said:
YouTube is your friend.
Just start with installing photoshop for now, then you can progress into other software.

Alright sounds good, what other software would you recommend once i started to get the hang of it?

Pacino

Onyx user!
Foul said:
Alright sounds good, what other software would you recommend once i started to get the hang of it?
Gimp is a bit LQ but usable program for beginners. I directly started with photoshop though

Fang

User is banned.
Chic said:
Gimp is a bit LQ but usable program for beginners. I directly started with photoshop though

I'll take a look at it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Cruzah

Power member.
As @Astro said, youtube is really good help when you're just starting out.

The programs I recommend are; Photoshop, Cinema 4D, Gimp and Illustrator.

Fang

User is banned.
Cruzah said:
As @Astro said, youtube is really good help when you're just starting out.

The programs I recommend are; Photoshop, Cinema 4D, Gimp and Illustrator.

Alright I'll look at these as well! Thanks!

Poison said:
@Astro can be your mentor. He does hand-drawn art as well as computing GFX. I like hand-drawn more to be honest.

@Astro , Would you mind if I PM'd you if I had any questions?

Gale

Onyx user!
Well, it depends on what you want to learn how to do. If you want to learn how to do tags then you search around for that. If you want to make 3D art then you search around for that.

I recommend Photoshop CC for program, or any of the newer versions. Its expensive, but you can probably find a few hundred cracks all over the internet. If you want help then I know that Adobe offers several help videos for beginners and you always have Youtube and other media sites. ( DeviantART has some useful text/image tutorials as well. )

Hitler

User is banned.
Photshop, C4D and Ai is pretty much all you need bro. I learned a lot from slowing down people speedarts lol.

User

User is banned.
I have a lot of time on my hands. Hit me up if you want me to show you some basic techniques & stuff. I'll join.me with you & help you build a signature & some other things that you might be interested in.

hmu.

AIM: Glitch / Kik: J.

Chthonic

Onyx user!
Foul said:
I got started with Photoshop first, but Paint.NET is a very good alternative. STAY AWAY FROM GIMP.

It takes a little bit of time to get the hang of the basics of graphics design. Once you do, you'll be enjoying it. :)

Professor

Everything I know is self-taught. I played around with it until I got comfortable. Just be creative.