• Welcome to ForumKorner!
    Join today and become a part of the community.

Getting a new Macbook

Yeti

Okay so I'm getting a new Macbook because I've had mine for four years.

These are going to be my new specs

- 13" Macbook Pro Retina

b4b2bae37f702e37226fa2e210865968.png

So, what do you think?
should I upgrade to an i7 or something
is there something I should know?

thanks

Glitch

User is banned.
The i5 is more than enough, unless you're doing some heavy rendering. I would maybe consider getting at least a 500GB hard drive, you'll fill up 250 quick than you may think.

Explode

The i5 is good unless as Glitch said, if you're doing very intensive rendering.

A 250GB should be fine unless you have a problem with keeping everything you put on your computer forever. Lol.

Yeti

Explode said:
The i5 is good unless as Glitch said, if you're doing very intensive rendering.

A 250GB should be fine unless you have a problem with keeping everything you put on your computer forever. Lol.

yes I do hoard lol
I dont do any intensive rendering (thank god)
I would look into a more custom build for that type of thing

I just want it to react really fast between switching to photoshop and going back to safari and then opening Skype within a timely manner. (just an example)

which I'm sure the 16GB of RAM will accommodate

Glitch

User is banned.
Yeti said:
yes I do hoard lol
I dont do any intensive rendering (thank god)
I would look into a more custom build for that type of thing

I just want it to react really fast between switching to photoshop and going back to safari and then opening Skype within a timely manner. (just an example)

which I'm sure the 16GB of RAM will accommodate
16GB of RAM is overkill for every day tasks like that, not sure on the options but if you can you should probably drop to 8GB if you can, saves you some money.

Astro

User is banned.
I would recommend the 16GB if you have the spare funds. I thought I'd be fine with 8GB, but in time you'll find yourself chewing through it. I sit under 200MB of free memory at all times.

riley66

Yeah, these days 16GB seems worth it, I personally have 32. Depends on what you want to use it for. I do 3d Modelling so I needed it.

climax

User is banned.
As Astro said, i'd strongly advise getting more space, 8gb is not alot in the long run at all.